Fiat 127 -when did you last see one?

nigel bickle

My dad also had a white one of these in the 80's - not sure whether MkI or MkII though - likely either a late MkI or an early MkII. Apparently my dad slammed shut the bonnet on my two year old fingers which got a bit flat afterwards! :cry:EDIT: It's very cool by the way, not seen a MkI in the flesh for a few years not counting when I drive past your house! Even rarer as a saloon, isn't it?

I luv 'em, My fossils had a Mk 2 Super, in Chocolate brown, was my mums favorite car ever, except my old man wrote it off...I had a Mk 3 1050 Super 5 Speed, called Super 5 speed Shirley, due to a sticker in the back window stating that 'we get it at Shirleys', Whatever you 'got' at Shirley's i have no idea :shock: It had a pull back ragtop, Palio wheels and was an absolute giggle to drive..

A Mark 1, on the road, in the UK? About 1991 I think...

I had a brief dalliance with a Mark 3 a couple of years back - didn't end up buying it as it was rather rotten, but borrowed it for a couple of days and had great fun ragging it around - went amazingly well for a 1050cc engine.

Edit: Here's one on the Bay.

Posted Image

Just down the road from me too. Don't think it's going to be cheap though, and I'm still winning that R6 so I've got to be a wee bit careful at the minute.

Judging by the stares it gets, everytime its used, everyone remembers them but no ones seen one?

I reckon they're just staring in disbelief at the audaciousness of that vinyl roof! :) Seriously though - love these early ones. Ten years ago I pleaded with a scrappy near Cheltenham to let me take away his M-reg car whole as it was so long since I had seen one. He refused of course. :(

It's been ages! Love the boot and not hatch styling and the rather apt number plate! I remember bowling through the Irish countryside in my uncles blue '72 127, AIT823, must've disolved by now! I was about 11 at the time! Nigel get a full photographic listing of your cars please, I believe when we were talking Suzukis you'd rather over egged the Standard custard, have you still got several tonnes of 8's, 10's and Pennants?

Thanks all -nice comments. I've a rusty spare Mk1 -if anyones interested ,and an old Mk2 -heavily altered to race. Could be made roadlegal though.Torsten -still got the Suzukis (lost a few in that barn fire). Currently running a 67 Super Six and a 71 Stinger. prob around 25-30 in all.Standards- yes got a few. Theres a Pennant outside -awaiting a 1500 overdrive conversion, a Companion taxed and ticketed, 7cwt pickup in reasonable nick, 2 10 saloons and a tatty ordinary Pennant. Lost the van, supercharged Pennant (how I miss that!) 2 Pennants -1 on chrome wires, and a spare Companion in the fire. Just dont see them around anymore....bit like 127's!

Wonderful. I can't remember when I last saw a Mk1.My aunt had a red Mk2 1050CL, I remember that much. She had an Imp as her first car then this 127. She's had Fiats ever since - Panda with the double sunroof thingy, now a Mk1 Punto. Amazingly she's never had any rust or reliability problems, despite the things not getting properly serviced and never washed...

Yeh my mum stuck pretty much with fiats until she gave up driving, went on to a couple of panda's then an Uno, she then switched to Mk1 Seat Ibiza's, had 3 in total. Seems they get under your skin :D

Last year to be precise.The bronze 2 door one is still taxed and looks very solid.The orange 3dr i saw in Brighton in 2004 but not been taxed since then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first 127`s were launched late 1971 on a K plate only available intially as a 2 door i believe.Great looking car Mr Bickle and that number plate is brilliant.

I last saw one (blue Mk1) in 1996. I was in college and it was owned by an old woman who lived near where I was staying. I moved away from the area in about June 96 and haven't seen a 127 since. I'd say both the blue 127 and its owner are long dead at this stage :(