Retroshite

DodgyBastard

41635003362_78d732c0de_c.jpgRJC_1153 by srblythe, on Flickr

This might be going away to a new home tomorrow, I'm genuinely sad to see it go, mostly because all of the decent parts from my spares car are on it and as soon as it does go something will probably break on the estate and I won't have any spares to use.

41635003362_78d732c0de_c.jpgRJC_1153 by srblythe, on Flickr

This might be going away to a new home tomorrow, I'm genuinely sad to see it go, mostly because all of the decent parts from my spares car are on it and as soon as it does go something will probably break on the estate and I won't have any spares to use.

Does that mean you've managed an actual sale on here??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Prob too late now but on the Audi shoes the adjuster is a little tapered serrated wedge that is pulled down into the cross bar between the shoes . A small spring keeps constant tension on the wedge so when movement becomes too much the adjuster clicks down .

To manually adjust you just use two screwdrivers to slowly pry the shoes apart until the adjuster slips down . Easy to go too far so I usually mark the position before I start so I can go back and start again .

How many coats? Looks ace from here. What is the finish like close up?

I'm always impressed paint wise what can be done DIY. Both trigger and Vulgalour have had impressive results with just rattle cans too.

How many coats? Looks ace from here. What is the finish like close up?

I'm always impressed paint wise what can be done DIY. Both trigger and Vulgalour have had impressive results with just rattle cans too.

2 coats, it looks a bit rubbish close up but that's mainly down to the lack of preparation. If the whole van was smooth before painting it would have went on so much better. The paintwork is just as bad as it was before but now it's all the same colour.

Prob too late now but on the Audi shoes the adjuster is a little tapered serrated wedge that is pulled down into the cross bar between the shoes . A small spring keeps constant tension on the wedge so when movement becomes too much the adjuster clicks down .

To manually adjust you just use two screwdrivers to slowly pry the shoes apart until the adjuster slips down . Easy to go too far so I usually mark the position before I start so I can go back and start again .

I figured most of that out when I had it apart the first time but the main reason it wasn't working correctly was the handbrake cable needed replaced. I had the drums, shoes, cylinders and wheel bearings replaced to find out the handbrake wasn't positioning the shoes correctly.

40716928415_ae71a779c2_c.jpgRJC_1138 by srblythe, on Flickr

I think the Aldi needs a new clutch, it was making some funky noises when I was driving fast and changing gears quickly. The clutch pedal is extremely heavy, it has been the same since I bought the car a month or so back but now makes weird whooshing/grinding sounds if pushed too quickly when booting it.

Any of our Audi experts done a clutch on one of these?

I think it's a sticky release bearing that's causing the noise but I'd be as well changing the whole lot if it has to come apart.

Audi clutch is a doddle as the inner driveshafts unbolt saves undoing hubs so ideal on your four poster, are you sure it's the clutch as they are bad for chewing the difs, that may of course just be the more powerful models as both sports I had needed new boxes.

Audi clutch is a doddle as the inner driveshafts unbolt saves undoing hubs so ideal on your four poster, are you sure it's the clutch as they are bad for chewing the difs, that may of course just be the more powerful models as both sports I had needed new boxes.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, the clutch seems to be the most likely issue, my polo had a diff on the way out and whined in every gear, the noise in the audi was different, its quiet all the time apart from when driving fast and trying to change gear quickly it makes a strange whooshing sound.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

41759999511_894b0a3ff2_c.jpgRJC_1193 by srblythe, on Flickr

40860854075_f360aa5115_c.jpgRJC_1191 by srblythe, on Flickr

41042167264_45e7cac6ba_c.jpgRJC_1188 by srblythe, on Flickr

39952163230_58bb92e8da_c.jpgRJC_1185 by srblythe, on Flickr

41760008301_f983ecee56_c.jpgRJC_1184 by srblythe, on Flickr

41042175044_4ed1c9f0b6_c.jpgRJC_1183 by srblythe, on Flickr

41042176884_81a1ae43e4_c.jpgRJC_1182 by srblythe, on Flickr

41042179094_5456a72f2f_c.jpgRJC_1181 by srblythe, on Flickr

Won this at auction today for £300 so with fees it was £420.

1.6 pez with 70k on the clock.

Mot expired in October.

Bodywork isn't great but it drives well and interior is great.

I'm going to sell the Audi and get this on the road instead.

It is a gtx interior but it's not on the steering wheel either so a run out model?

They used that wheel (a plastic rimmed version of the early 205 GTI tiller without the GTI insert) on the S5s which were 1.6s - so is FOAD's an S5 that's lost its rear badge [or had a tailgate replacement] and had GTX seats fitted?

I really do want to try a Pug 305. Would need to be an estate to justify a place in the ‘armada’ and probably a nice one too.

Good work, FOaD.

Come round mine when I've got my spesh auto back on the road and we can flob round the Fens like Vic n' Bob.