Retroshite

DodgyBastard

*quietly rifles through FOAD's bin for the trims*

18 is looking good. All credit for keeping it going. I think the rot would long since have killed it off in my hands. It takes special shite dedication to put in that kind of work.

The 18 is looking better but it still pretty much drives the same and still needs a clutch, it's probably done another 25k miles since your pal had it and the clutch hasn't gotten much worse.

When I sell the Datsun I'll put some money towards a new clutch on Rennie.

Instead of creating a new thread for my cross country Lada collection I'll just update this one.

Having advertised the Datsun for sale in various places, I shared my advert to a Datsun UK facebook group where someone commented on it saying that they had went to look at the car when it was for sale in Ireland for double the price. At the time £2.5k was a bit too salty for him but at under half the price he was seriously considering it.

I noticed that he had a Lada Riva estate so offered him a straight swap, he agreed but under two conditions, I meet him in Holyhead which is around 350 miles away from me in Dunfermline and I split the ferry costs.

Having wanted a road legal Lada Riva for a long time I thought it was worth the time and effort to do the deal so this morning I'm setting off for Anglesey in a 1979 Datsun with wobbly steering.

Wish me luck!

33347457100_15126a4a90_k.jpgDSC_0617 by srblythe, on Flickr

That journey went surprisingly well. The datsun has always been a bit of a chore to drive but having covered 350 miles in it today I have gotten used to the vague steering. I cruised steadily at 65mph most of the the way there and didn't spend a lot on fuel. I filled up before I left with £37 worth of fuel then another £30 at Tebay and I have just under half a tank left.

In a way I'll be sad to see it go.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk