Mazda Demio For Sale/Swap...

comfysofa

Hi All,

Been a lurker on AS for YEARS now but this is my first ever post (funny how we all come out of the shadows like "Field Of Dreams" in the end...) :mrgreen:

I have here a 1999 Mazda Demio, and i am testing the waters to see if anyone is interested...

The story: I'm commuting 50 miles a day in this car, and am being royally screwed over by the employment agency i have the misfortune to work for, so i'm earning next to nothing until a major wages issue is cleared, unfortunately, i fear the worst for the Demio on the regular commute, it has a number of issues which although relatively minor, if they were to go wrong would see me unemployed and up shit creek again, something i'm trying to desperately avoid as i'm trying to put my life back together after a few shonky years.

The Bad: chattering speedo drive. Slight blow from exhaust. Cracked rear light lens. One headlight is brighter than the other. "People's Friend" interior. No radio thanks to some comedy adaptation of wiring to get tatty JVC headunit to fit. Appalling rear brakes (most likely shoes). Squealing belt (unsure if PAS or Alternator). Rear wiper dead. Badly scuffed alloys on one side. Needs tracking. Complimentary gaffa tape on driver's mirror.

The Good: New CV joint. New front brake shoes. New OSR shock. New cambelt. New clutch. I was told the rad was new as well, i cant verify that but it does look it.Tyres reasonable.

145,000 miles and MOT until 7th August 2015

I've owned this since Sept 2004, and it's been a nice little car to pootle about in, but it's getting to the "move on" stage for myself as although i am a petrolhead and shiter at heart, my mechanical skills are rudimentary.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to buy or do a deal on this silver machine, ideally a deal/swap would be better for me so i don't have to panic going round the country and dealing with every tool on ebay selling a car, if anyone is interested, £300 would buy but a deal or swap would be better. I'm looking for something cheap or fairly cheap to run and insure with a reasonable amount of MOT.

I'm open to all suggestions though! Although i loathe the phrase "it is what is is", that is basically it...everyone knows this is a Marmite car so i'm keeping an open mind as to whether anyone would want it!

PM me or leave a message here and i will respond, many thanks peeps :mrgreen:

post-5937-0-91365000-1429729933_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-06807500-1429730041_thumb.jpg

post-5937-0-76583400-1429730124_thumb.jpg

It's just that if something was to go wrong, it would finish me, simple as. I hate my employment agency and their inept management who may or may not have heard of Karma. I'm no tinkerer, by any means, valeting and detailing yes (when i have time) but spannering leaves me cold even though i would financially benefit from learning the tools, have done services, and changed electrickery bits on cars but that's my lot!

GLWTS and your life-mending. "Peoples Friend" sums these up perfectly. My Uncle had one and he had PF everything down to his tea towels. He never managed to break the Demio either, something that could not be said for all the Mazda 2s he got through afterwards. I drove his and found it surprisingly likeable.

Nice looking motor. Be alright when things are sorted out. I would ask if you interested in a punto but that's got its foibles.

i DO like a Punto, was lent a basic 1.2 51 plater by the garage last year when they did the CV joint on the Demio, however i know they are basically a liability, or else i would be interested! it's a utter shame this generation of Punto is such a let down as otherwise they are a cracking little car: chunky, lovely to drive, and surprisingly safe feeling! :)

Mines brilliant. Done 2k in a month. X plate,99k on clock. Exhaust bangs,eml flashes occasionally, few scrapes on body and a oil leak from somewhere. Also electric roof don't wor. To be honest I don't mind keeping it as it's a great little motor