Wanted: 4x4 toy MANGE LOVER GOTTED

outlaw118

Howdy chaps and chappettes!

Enquiring on behalf of my brother who like the fucknuckled oaf that he is can't remember his log in details....

Looking at a toy for occasional muddy frolics.

Needs to have MoT, and hopefully some kit already fitted, like snorkel or sliders, wheels or whatever.

Budget is a maximum of £1500, no real preference what it is, except Suzuki SJ and that sort of size won't be big enough for two fat Essex boys, so they're ruled out.

Looking at Cherokees, Rangies, Discos, that type of shizz. 

Anyone want his money, or does he want the moon on a stick?

It goes without saying all the OLLI shit wil be coming off, but this one is currently £410 on Evilbay:

$_57.JPG

It needs a bit of fettling; it hasn't got a rear seat, and the opening mechanism on the rear doors has been disconnected, as have the leccy windows. it hunts a bit on tickover, and the front seats are fixed - they're replacement electric ones, but nobody has wired 'em up, and the owner is a "normal" built 5'9" bloke, not a 6ft fat bloke, so driving it home was an experience. Needs a couple of lightbulbs, and the two big spotlights on the front aren't wired in. 

Sounds GR9 through a stainless Pipecraft system, and it came with 3/4 tank of pez.

Let's offroad!

Oh dear. Someone has done a good job of ruining a fine looking vehicle right there. I'd vote for putting it back to standard, then pissing off the 'all the gear' guys by going everywhere they can without resorting to ill-conceived mods.

I'll second that. My 299k ex traffic disco got some recovery points and a set of off road tyres and went pretty much everywhere cars costing 20 times as much did. It ended up getting a lift kit purely cos I found one cheap in a scrappy though

I'm going against the flow here, ii quite like those arches although making it wider with easily damaged plastic bits seems a little unwise ,as is putting those water inlets in the bonnet . These off-road * mods at least tell you it hasn't seen any serious off-road use.

People are already getting too precious about old Rangies and if the previous owners enthusiasm meant it kept this one on the road and relatively standard I'm all for that rather than another mouldering rotten wreck sitting in the corner of a yard 'appreciating' in value , but will either never actually move again or get bob tailed and tdi'd.

It's not been off roaded seriously by the last owner. The underside is in good nick, and the bodywork, a bit scabby, but nothing too much to worry about.

I / we have absolutely no idea what the contraption on the back is for, it has two hooks, probably for pulling other / being pulled out of holes etc.

To be honest I can see everyone's point, and some of the mods wouldn't have been on his list, but when you price up what's been done, t'was a bargain at £1500.