Peugeot 305 - OFF TAE SCOTLAN.

Jim Bell

5fanjIu.png

We have achieved Leeds.

Originally settled by the Vikings in 1956, Leeds sits on the junction of twelve rivers. The only owl sanctuary in Yorkshire is located opposite its Victorian baths and the town is currently enjoying its annual crane festival.

nc3Kz8i.png

Crane drivers display in an attempt to attract a mate. A traditional Yorkshite ritual, and far more impressive in real life.

Honk if you are horny.

sBbjzYU.png

1bocIA6.png

Sheffield achieved.

Sheffield. Purveyors of finest Brittish steel. Home of the blade and birthplace of the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife.

hCuLkNC.png

The knife that won the second world war.

A twin edged Axis killer, built by Sheffield men and true, pushed between the ribs of foes of the realm since 1856.

Sheffield.

EHlzhXm.png

Where women use helmets as hand bags.

5p3cDPQ.png

Tamworth.

P1kXoXw.png

Home of the telescopic tampon applicator.

The village of Tamorth was created by Druids in the years following the death of Jesus Christ, and continues to be a shrine of holy pilgrimage to this very day. If you stand on Tamworth Mount on a hot day, it is said in folklore that when the wind blows the correct way, you can sometimes think that you can smell the feet of Jesus himself.

Tamworth. They make no cheese here.

Tamworth. From the Norse TAM, meaning NOT and the Anglic WORTH meaning WORTH.

NOT WORTH. Can not reccomend. Are we nearly there yet?

J5C9v3f.png

Train is filling up. I hate people. There's a heavy breathing morbidly obese nerd sitting over the isle, whose text alert ring tone is Butters from South Park saying something outrageous. It goes off every 26 seconds. He has headphones on and is playing World of Warcraft or some shit.

If he's a South Park fan, he must have absolutely no sense of irony.

Move across the aisle,

Go make a FWEND...

Ooooooooo, twain fwend.

If I move over the isle, I think the train might tip over on the next left hand bend. We fat lads must be kept equidistant for reasons of general safety.

Im ready for some fresh air now. Only another hour and a half to go, to the half way point.

Who's idea was this?

He must be a right prick.

We are now approaching Newton Abbott. The destination of the first half of this trip.

lWxuJgq.png

Newton Abbot has the smallest castle and is a city shamed because of the insufficiency of its keep.

Suicides are common here.

Newton abbot was built in Scotland as a hunting lodge by King Henry the eighth. When he fell out with his third wife Janet Seymore, he had it deconstructed and carried back to Devon on the backs of gypsy laborors.

It was rebuilt in all of its glory, but the suicides continued.

King Henry the eighth declared it cursed and forbade anyone speak of it, or holiday there.

The ban remained in effect till 1956. It has now become a popular holiday destination for the Middle classes.

Oh I am, I'm not painting the living room 'cos I keep checking on your progress.

Bonus points if you can get a phot of the derelict Volvo 740 estate in the Staff car park at Exeter St Davids (Its not mine), on your right hand side as you leave going south.

Although maybe not as you would have to lean over your new fwend to do so

We are now approaching Newton Abbott. The destination of the first half of this trip.

lWxuJgq.png

Newton Abbot has the smallest castle and is a city shamed because of the insufficiency of its keep.

Suicides are common here.

Newton abbot was built in Scotland as a hunting lodge by King Henry the eighth. When he fell out with his third wife Janet Seymore, he had it deconstructed and carried back to Devon on the backs of gypsy laborors.

It was rebuilt in all of its glory, but the suicides continued.

King Henry the eighth declared it cursed and forbade anyone speak of it, or holiday there.

The ban remained in effect till 1956. It has now become a popular holiday destination for the Middle classes.

The Shitpeas History of Britain by Barry Shitpeas

Some selected reviews below...

'It's a load of shite.' Andrew Marr

'What has that knob been smoking?' David Starkey

'It's nae bad, like.' Jimmy Fivebellies

'The only historical reference book you will ever need!' Tony Blair