Three lil' Dattie's -all in a row.

nigel bickle

White on-is a left hand drive version for European market -found in Finland. Its the earliest Bluebird a PL411 -before they started importing Datties into Europe (around 1971 I believe). it will shortly be going onto Alleycat alloys.The one you saw is a rhd 410 southern hemisphere model -reasonably common over there, I presume cos its much closer to japan. Despite being the 'same' car there is a lot of differences.The middle one -the 'ute' is a year earlier -but a completely different car. A U 320 , its a 4 seat (310 -2 seat) utility vehicle -before they became common inOz. Pretty rare there- unheard of here.Hope hat helps?So -if you come across any 2 series (late 50's) cars....

A delicous and rare treat to see 3 unique cars together. The fact that you have these cars, and not the comparitively common 70's Datsun stuff speaks volumes about your passion. The earliest official import into the UK was in 1968, so these are indeed something rather special. You lucky bleeder.Not only that but there's a R17 trying to get its nose in!I had a good chance to inspect the ute at Beaulieu. Its the perfect car for autojumbles. I really like the uncluttered styling of Japanese cars of that period, and they used really thick grade steel. Only ten years seperate my 100A and these cars and you can tell the difference when you slam the door.

Yep -its a good old belter. Simple, solid, built to last. I dont think you were the only one at Beaulieu -thought it had gone unnoticed too!!I like it the way it is -although most seem to think I should 'restore it'.My priority is to stop it rusting -no more than that.I'd get another -happily -if the right one came along. Any cheap 310's?

Thought some of you might appreciate this.

And appreciate we certainly do - beautiful!

Good work, sir. You have real dedication.

I hope you don't mind, I just referred to your saloon-cum-pick-up in my

thread. She's a marvelous creation, indeed:

Posted Image

That's such a fine collection of vintage Datsuns Mr.Bickle! Probably the finest in the land. You really need to get yourself a 310 or 312 to add to them! Ever considered chasing up one of the late 50's Datsuns that occasionally pop up in the States?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm extremely jealous, the 410 is my favourite Datsun of the 60s. Well done for bringing them all together.

One day, funds permitting, I might get myself across to Scandinavia or try importing one from Oz, but that'll have to wait. At present 4 cars is all I can manage and something would have to go to make way for one of those beauties.

By the way, Ed, if your looking in, I presume you've seen these pictures before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Probably a South African design, they did a factory Mk3 Ezzz pickup over there, called the Bantam I think.

That's correct. Bantam or Bakkie I think. I've seena fab publicity shot of them but I can't lay may hands on it at the mo.

How about this one from New Zealand which appears to be a cross between one of those and a Mazda 323. One of those oddball Mazda/Ford hybrids like the Telstar:

Posted Image