Lancia Beta Coupe 1300 Twincam - FOUR SAIL on teh internetz

explosive-cabbage

Guest Breadvan72

Re your ad:

(1) I did not buy the car from Neil, but from another bloke who had bought the car from Neil.

(2)  I did not, as you suggest,  "lose interest" in spending money on the car.  At the time, I did not have the funds on hand to spend on the car. This year I have had more money, but the river has flowed on and I have spent that money on other things.

I know that you are unhappy with the purchase, but you bought a 500 quid known to be rusty car on the internet.  I was honest and upfront about what I knew about the car's knackered bodywork.  I am not an expert mechanic or welder and hadn't seen the car for several months when you bought it, as it was at a workshop and had had much of its paint removed there.     I hope that the car can be saved, but if it cannot be then it may perhaps be worth at least 500 quid for the engine and gearbox, both relative rarities.  GLWTS.

Sorry Gerard, I didn't do my research well enough regarding its history, I presumed you had bought it directly from Neil as the sell date on eBay is only 6 weeks before I drove it in Wales, I presume it had come straight from him to you. Nevertheless the information about the car's history posted my Neil on Betaboyz may be of interest to future owners.

I am not unhappy with the purchase as such, I regret it a little, but belive I can probably get my money back. I understand that it is my fault for buying a car unseen and without paying enough attention to your warnings about the state it was in. I will put time and effort spent on the Beta down as a learning curve, and I dont hold any grudges about buying it, at the time I thought it was a good descision. I would rather admit defeat now and pass the project on to another owner, than pull it to bits and then realise I can't finish the project.

I hope I can move the car on to someone who appreciates it and we can have a bit of a joke about the whole thing over a beer at Shitefest 2016.

Any incorrect assumptions or comments I have made regarding what I belive to be your history involving the car are not aimed at a slur on you or your character, life is too short to fall out with people.

Really? How many Beta raffle tickets do you think im going to sell at £10/ticket?

And considering there is a chance you could possibly win two rusty Volvos instead, i see people running for the exits already.

I would imagine you would be over subscribed, shit, I am fighting myself not to buy it outright as it is. I don't have space, money or time for another project but it's a lancia!If I 'win' it its easier to justify my descent into insanity

I would imagine you would be over subscribed, shit, I am fighting myself not to buy it outright as it is. I don't have space, money or time for another project but it's a lancia!If I 'win' it its easier to justify my descent into insanity

Thats what my plan was, buy a Lancia to prove how cool you are.

Then i realised how much of a mingebag it was. Don't worry, there is plenty of more coolness just waiting to be rubbed off on you too :)