Suzuki Swift 1989ish........help

metrognome

Guys,..........pal of mine stateside has a RHD Geo Metro 1989 vintage. He needs a clutch cable and pedal. The thing is basically a Suzuki Swift underneath and in theory the parts are swappable. Scoured the net and tried every yard here in Manc but turned up zilch. No one wants to keep a 25 year old jap as its worth more as scrap tin.

Anyone seen a long forgotten one languishing away in a corner somewhere?

Grateful for any leads.

Cheers

Gnome.

YES!

First question, how TF is his Geo Metro right hand drive? I didn't know that was even a thing.

Anyway, I'm breaking this green one:

P1140756_zps6a6b6eac.jpg

It's a 1996 Subaru Justy GX, a 4WD version of the Geo Metro-shaped Suzuki Swift. It has the 1.3 8v 4 cylinder engine. Made in Hungary.

I can't guarantee the gearbox is the same as your mate's Metro. The bodywork might be slightly different - the Metro may be like the three door swifts with more sloping tailgate.

Anyway, it may be an idea for your mate to photograph the bits he needs before we start pulling them out and sending them off...

You are correct, the metro is not RHD.....Doh!!!. But its on its way to being RHD and that's where the confusion lies.

We are sorted for a cable, its just the pedal that's needed. I have asked for a photo and an accurate description of what is needed, soon as it lands I will post it up.

Cheers

Good golly gosh that Metro looks shite. I'm still puzzled as to why he wants it RHD... maybe he's lazy, but has got himself a paper round :D

Anyway, perhaps the pedal's that shape to clear the steering column.

Right, I'll get myself outside to have a look at what I have here...

Free by Shitely or if you make the effort to collect from BD23!

Otherwise fiver plus p+p ok?

I can post to him direct if you like, but I'll need to know which postal option he wants (urgency/security etc.)

It may be another week before I can get to a post office though. Please don't post private details here (address by PM).

AWESOME!!!!!!!     no there are NO factory  RHD metros on the roads.... somebody.... bodged a couple together... i have found one in CA and one in MN.  the one in CA is the one from the metro forum.... it was a slushbox.  and since front ended and has passed on.  I  was the vulture who got the pickins. sent to me in the belly of a greyhound bus.... shipping is ALOT less.  i have spent a lot of nights looking for the correct parts to replace the crap conversion.  I am building a RHD geo metro convert/ 5 sp / with swift front end and rear....  why????   why not.

What he said ^

Welcome Werase. If you're our man in North Carolina, I'm happy to help you out. You certainly seem like our kind of nutcase!

If there's anything else RHD-related, shout up now, I'll see if I can sort it, and pack it up with your pedals.

well if you are serious.   my dream list.... the spot welded plate on the fire wall that holds the rusty bracket that holds the peddles.... there are about 12 spot welds.   and the little piece theat your left foot rests on... along with the metal piece that is spot welded on the fire wall..... but i'm tickled to death with what you are sending..... i want stuff that NOBODY wants and it gets sent to the crusher..... on 99% of junkers

Sure thing. I'll have a look this afternoon for you.

I don't think you'll need the foot rest thing - probably in the auto cars only.

post-1381-0-61810200-1429344575_thumb.jpg

That's the footwell of my "Offensive Wreck" project when I got it. Thread here:

http://autoshite.com/topic/16237-offensive-wreck/

If you were dreaming of an AWD conversion - keep dreaming...

As well as back axle, subframe, diff, prop, gearbox and exhaust, you'll need the bulkhead (firewall), front subframe, anti-roll bar, steering rack, PAS system, carpet, fuel tank, rear seat belts, and the whole of the floor. Trust me, you don't want this floor... if you order that, I'll be sending you a box of corn flakes!

post-1381-0-45819100-1429345907_thumb.jpg

Also, yours is SWB, right? SWB cars are 10cm shorter than LWB cars.

The green bogie I bought in about 2008, it had been a kid's plaything on a farm atop a hill in bleakest North Yorkshire. It came with Reekie Forres (IV36) number plates. Shame I couldn't save it, it was too far gone even then.

The silver wreck was also a field car, as you've seen in the thread. It WILL be on the road soon, though I've neglected the updates recently. As of this week, welding was completed (hopefully).

Right Werase...

I've been up in the field and stripped this thing a bit further. It's this lump you need, right?

post-1381-0-35765800-1429394584_thumb.jpg

It's worth nothing in itself, but it's a bit of a pain to extract, especially without buggering it up.

If I can get it out intact, what's it worth to you?
Remember there's shipping to take into account also. I don't know the weight, but it might fit in a large shoe box.

Do you need anything else, for example the tubular Y-shaped bracket:

post-1381-0-48644500-1429394912_thumb.jpg

Console / shift gaitor:

post-1381-0-70597900-1429394950_thumb.jpg

Or this smaller spot-welded bracket which supports the left side of the dash:

post-1381-0-95402300-1429395038_thumb.jpg

So, I'm happy to have a go at running power up to the field, and messing about with the drill to remove that lump (or lumps), but I could easy spend an hour or two at it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers :)

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/download/file.php?id=43940&mode=view

this piece that i have partially fabbed.... gas/brake might be interesting....

it is white.... i have cut it out of a GTI-a shell.... but the gas peddle is about 8-10 cm to the right of the plate.

where were you last year when i was begging for them two cowl parts..... i got a guy in washington that might buy a pile of pickens from ya.... the two cowl pieces.... a rack.... complete dash....   he wants a RHD swift GTI

• 1 month later...
Guest returntoswift

I am a little late to the topic but I am the guy looking for the above listed RHD parts...only I'm in Oregon not Washington haha but I've wanted a rhd vehicle for a long time and am currently building a swift Gt/i. I've had a couple guys back out of a parts deal and hope I have better luck here.