Heavy Metal Classic at Standlake this Sunday

155V6

Do they have an event where people smash up antique furniture with hammers? What about burning some old books as a spectator sport?Just for fun, like.

You always do have a way with words Pog and, though we don't always see eye-to-eye, I'm right with you on this!! :wink:

Sadly not this year, but as it has been mentioned its a great meeting. A fitting end for some cars that might only be garden ornaments until to rusted to be of any use.And for those on the the forum that dont like banger racing, I hope you have a nice day doing what you enjoy!!

Guest greenvanman

I am going, but in the interest of balance I will tut and shake my head a lot

Why is it you only appear when there's a thread about banger racing? Isn't there somewhere you'd rather be, instead of trying unsuccessfully to wind people up on here? :roll:

I'm sure they'd make great garden ornaments, I'd happily add some to my collection (if I had a big enough garden, like :wink: )I've got a big stone lion in my garden, it's sat there for years just getting mossier, I've never had the urge to slap a bit of Dulux on it and smash it up a bit...

I've got a big stone lion in my garden, it's sat there for years just getting mossier, I've never had the urge to slap a bit of Dulux on it and smash it up a bit...

LOLz :lol: I'd be quite happy to let a few old cars revert back to nature if I had a large enough garden, a much better use than running them round the oval and battering them to bits for my liking. Every few weeks I could go and have a prod at them, see what had dropped off...

Why is it you only appear when there's a thread about banger racing? Isn't there somewhere you'd rather be, instead of trying unsuccessfully to wind people up on here? :roll:
Hi, admittedly I am not a prolific poster but I have commented on other subjects that I have an interest in and even if I don't post I do enjoy a great many of the threads. Unless you have been made a moderator I don't think I need to justify my presents here, and if you are a mod I was on topic and not at all insulting (perhaps you are a PCSO type Moderator ? RTFM). I think one of the responses was 'cu*ts' perhaps you could pull him up.

Got back an hour or so,a day spent standing outside in the coldest weather I can remember.I don't think there was anything really rare,apart from a 2-door Mk 2 Granada(from Belgium)& a Mk 3 Cortina 2-door GT(made the one that got squashed in the Top Gear jumps look solid :o ).I didn't take any pics of the cars that were raced,but I did see these in the car park

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest greenvanman

Hi, admittedly I am not a prolific poster but I have commented on other subjects that I have an interest in and even if I don't post I do enjoy a great many of the threads. Unless you have been made a moderator I don't think I need to justify my presents here, and if you are a mod I was on topic and not at all insulting (perhaps you are a PCSO type Moderator ? RTFM). I think one of the responses was 'cu*ts' perhaps you could pull him up.
There are no moderators here - do try to keep up. I merely made the observation that you only seem to post on threads concerning banger racing in a way that seems akin to picking at a sore. Still if it makes you happy, go right ahead. Takes all sorts, I suppose.

There are no moderators here - do try to keep up. I merely made the observation that you only seem to post on threads concerning banger racing in a way that seems akin to picking at a sore. Still if it makes you happy, go right ahead. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
If I am having trouble keeping up lets look at you for a minute. You are criticising me for commenting on a thread about Banger Racing asking about a meeting that I attended on a site called Autoshite. I could just as easily suggest that if you're so anal about car preservasion you may be on the wrong site yourself. It does take all sorts but don't assume everyone is a stereotype.Edit due to piss poor spelling / grammer :?

Guest greenvanman

I could just as easily suggest if you so anal about care preservasion you may be on the wrong site yourself.

I'm sorry, is this even English? :lol: