Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

Coprolalia's Asylum - Scirocco 1.6td shakedown testing

Project

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91 OFFLINE   skattrd

skattrd

• Full Members
  • 6,233 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationLincs

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

A Diesel Rocco would actually be about my ultimate daily driver. 

Ditto. I've been after one for years.

I've even considered a tdi Corrado as well.

As often happens with these things the timing kind of sucks for me … , plus it's red, and I have too many red cars.

Unless you fancy a deal with 2 or 3 different red cars and some cash? No, didn't think so.

One day I'll have a diesel 'rocco, just maybe not this year :(

821458.png364358.png314493.png351235.png411795.png871615.png

#92 OFFLINE   Coprolalia

Coprolalia

• Full Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBedlam

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

Unless you fancy a deal with 2 or 3 different red cars and some cash? No, didn't think so.

One day I'll have a diesel 'rocco, just maybe not this year :(

What's available?

I've been contemplating selling both cars, so clean sweep might be interesting.

At the same time, I've never used this as a daily, and part of me really wants to try it.

357759.png369652.png

1989 'G' VW Scirocco 1.6GTD - http://autoshite.com...harging-issues/

2004 '53' Skoda Octavia 1.8T - daily

Current hankering: Subaru Forester

#93 OFFLINE   skattrd

skattrd

• Full Members
  • 6,233 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationLincs

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

For a diesel 'rocco ... erm, the e36 325tds, roffle Scooby, and 205TD.

Potentially available also a w203 c220cdi  koop (not red, resale silver) … but I wouldn't as it has a very annoying minor issue, stepper motor(s).

• Coprolalia likes this

821458.png364358.png314493.png351235.png411795.png871615.png

#94 OFFLINE   DaveDorson

DaveDorson

• Full Members
  • 954 posts
  • 9 thanks

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:15 AM

I've done some man maths and showed the wife some pictures.

She gave me that "don't you fucking dare" stare. Given I fucked off to Malta for a week recently to go drag racing and the week before that drank so much I kept her up till 4am vomitting, and that I quite like my balls where they are, I reckon I won't be purchasing this one.

Someone on here definitely should do though, so I can swap it for a far more suitable car at a later date.

#95 OFFLINE   Coprolalia

Coprolalia

• Full Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBedlam

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

For a diesel 'rocco ... erm, the e36 325tds, roffle Scooby, and 205TD.

Potentially available also a w203 c220cdi  koop (not red, resale silver) … but I wouldn't as it has a very annoying minor issue, stepper motor(s).

The 205 was/ is on my radar, in the absence of any sort of 205 D-turbo/STDT on the market.

PMed

357759.png369652.png

#96 OFFLINE   Coprolalia

Coprolalia

• Full Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBedlam

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

Breaking news just in.

The alternator is buggered and it's a pig to get a replacement. For some reason VAG specced a 45W with a different design to every other bloody 1980s VAG engine. Autospark has found somewhere to refurbish the old one, and is connecting up the rev counter.

The Octavia's NS footwell is 3 inches deep in water. I've filled it with rice and bought a dehumidifier. Time to clean the sunroof and scuttle drains. Picture after mopping.

2018-05-02 09.08.01.jpg

357759.png369652.png

#97 OFFLINE   Coprolalia

Coprolalia

• Full Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBedlam

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

The Scirocco has now come back from the garage with a working alternator. It was sent away and repaired by some local man in a shed, so we're up to full voltage capabilities. 

The rev counter is proving to be a bit more of a problem as this is a CE2 car. The auto electrician has run the wire, but we're scratching our heads about how to connect it up. I'm going to take the dash out again this weekend and have a look with a wiring diagram to try and chase where it should go. In related news, the temp gauge has completely stopped working. Given that I'm getting lovely warm air from the vents and the fan is coming on appropriately I don't therefore think the previous cold running was a thermostat issue, but may be a dodgy temp sender. Again I'm going to clean up the contacts and if that doesn't work I'll swap the sender, which happily shares parts numbers with the one on the old petrol engine. I also need to secure the fuse board more substantially, currently cable-tied to the bulkhead.

With electric juice back in the system I've got some mojo back and been using it a bit. My wife flat out hates it and won't get in it. Up for sale on here in the new year at £2k (shiter's discount).

I also bought a cheap dehumidifier and cleaned out the Octavia. Several pints of tepid water removed so far. I attempted to clear out scuttle drains but struggled to remove the scuttle panel in the rain before swearing at it and giving up. Chucked a load of water through it and rodded out the sunroof drain as well, so hopefully matters will improve.

357759.png369652.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users