A Tale of Two Rovers - Return of the Rover

Roverageous

Yes that pulley/tensioner didn't sound good at all as you pulled away, turning right.  Sorry about that, and it wasn't the reason for swift selling as I had every intention of keeping it for some while yet, what with paying out to get the new ticket in the recent weeks.  Oh no, as seen elsewhere there is a traitorous desire to go over to the darker side.  The darker side in the form of a Bavarian Barge in Chocolate paint with Caramac interior.  Might be a bad move saying goodbye to this Lowmileage Longbridge Lionheart (with Bavarian entrails, mind).  Will see

A new oil filter is in the boot, in the spare wheel recess

My signature has been updated to reflect my loss.

Yes that pulley/tensioner didn't sound good at all as you pulled away, turning right.  Sorry about that, and it wasn't the reason for swift selling as I had every intention of keeping it for some while yet, what with paying out to get the new ticket in the recent weeks. 

I completely realise that  8)

If I'd never sold the car it's something I'd have had to do anyway!

It hasn't been anywhere, apart from being sat on the drive for a fortnight, since bringing it back a mile from the MOT centre.  And isn't wasn't making anything like that noise on the ramp

In recompense for supplying you a grubby car is I've been out and got the BMW clean

Got Bob back from my mechanic this morning after a bit of a fettle.

New crank pulley (seen the old one - it was almost in bits!), waterpump, aux belts, and a full service. Also had the coolant system pressure tested as Flat4Alfa says it was losing a bit while he had it - no fault found. Doesn't look too have been the old waterpump, but we'll see!

Glad to have him back & ready to hit the road again!

In other news I think the V6 has done a drop link in :(

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

it was almost in bits

Now I do feel guilty.  So ...it could have let go at any time and taken the engine with it then?  Oh

So it went from light ticking noise to near doom in what, 50 miles?  I can't have done much more than that 

Now I do feel guilty. So ...it could have let go at any time and taken the engine with it then? Oh

So it went from light ticking noise to near doom in what, 50 miles? I can't have done much more than that

Don't!!!

Must have been only a few miles from failure when I sold it to you!

Wouldn't have taken the engine with it I don't think - just the aux belts.

Car has now been in daily use for a few days...

Drives well, goes alright, comfy enough (even with knackered drivers seat), all the toys work etc...

It is also reminding me why I sold it... It smells like a diesel, and sounds like a diesel. The Volvo nearly got around these issues by not only being 5pot but also a petrol. Back to wearing gloves at the filling station for me!

I have noticed how clean the M47 burns but you certainly get a whiff of exhaust smoke when you get out of it or when parking with the windows down. Not very dignified!

For me it evokes my young days working in an HGV workshop but that will wear off!

It's the cold starts for me, when you reverse off the drive and over your own fumes. Lovely.

500 miles down in this again now.

No fluids used at all since the water pump & oil was changed (was using a bit before while Flat4Alfa had it). Going to need a couple of front tyres soon (annoyingly the same size as I had fitted to the Volvo not that long ago, grrrr). 

43mpg so far - vs the Volvo's 26 average. Costs £20 less to fill the tank as the Volvo, but gives more or less the same range. Trip computer lies massively and tells me I'm doing a measly 37mpg.