Volvo 440 GLE - £101.90p

RobT

Anyone fancy this? I paid too much considering it's a bit of a heap, but atleast it now sports the correct trimz. And the gold plus beige interior is rather alluring. The MoT is until mid-June, it has two new Falkens on the front, and I'm in the process of sorting out an intermittent misfire/missing a beat thing. I've got new plugs and leads to put on tonight so hopefully that'll sort it. There's a graunching noise under acceleration, so that will need investigating, but it steers and stops fine. Body is shite, there's loads of lacquer peel on the front wings and elsewhere, plus some ropey sill and rear arch repairs. The ignition barrel also sticks a bit which makes quick getaways difficult.

Edit: it's a 1.7 giffermatic.

So in summary, it's a bit shit, but could do a turn for someone (if I manage to sort the misfire out).

Only got one pic, so will add some of the interior later.

post-5013-0-90475400-1428404832_thumb.jpg

New spark plugs tonight seems to have cured the rough running. The old ones were ancient and poorly gapped so no wonder. The old thing is actually quite good fun to drive, nippy and chuckable around town, so I was being a bit harsh earlier calling it a heap. Well, it is a bit rough but drives fine for a 200 quid motah!

• 2 weeks later...