Suzuki swift

AlabamaShrimp

:shock:  :shock: W reg is still "new"  ain't it ?

My Dad bought one of those brand new £ 4995 pre registered in 1999  ..after watching his Roverhonda 213 dissolve..Dealer said show me a rusty Swift..they dont rust!

Now,  I said it was too small for him  , sure enough 6 months later... " Do you want that Swift. It's  free ?? "

Trade in was shit , so he said, bollox , trades not having it to make a killing  ..and bought a new Wagon R  and gave me the 6 month old Swift. . Fookin 'orrible car , but jeez did that 3 cyl go  !  

That makes mine look mint. I might be interested in some parts if you go down that route.

but jeez did that 3 cyl go  !  

Mine must be broken then because that's what it really doesn't do.

Might break it if I have to but really I want the whole thing gone. What bits are you after?

Yes We regret to me is still new* girl I bought it from had paid about £2000 for it about a year or so ago. Promised I'd fix it but I don't have the time skill or patience right now

Most notably a windscreen and front bumper but other small bits I could do with include the rear screen heater button, the little bits that stick out from the front side windows and the little bit of trim in the up-most corner of the drivers side window. I hope you accidentally added an extra zero to that.

Have a really good poke at any slightly loose under-seal. It may seem mostly solid from first glance, but these are a bugger for rotting out the metal underneath the thick, rubbery, yellow protection* under the floor. This one looks no worse than the one I'm on with though, the grotty bits are accessible from both sides, and there should be no complicated shapes.

Thanks for the offer joke. Don't worry about your people skills I'm sure they'll be more than good enough for me :-) any offer of help is greatly appreciated.

As has been said it's a shame to scrap it for what is basically nothing but it's overwhelmed me and I'm struggling with it on the drive

Anyway here's some pics

post-17845-0-10573800-1427643068_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-20085500-1427643170_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-85100500-1427643251_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-91915300-1427643322_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-54273400-1427643468_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-35264000-1427643811_thumb.jpg

post-17845-0-16064200-1427643842_thumb.jpg

Was hard to get pics of the drivers side as it's on bricks next to the fence.

As you can see most of it is a 500mm flat pice the whole length of one side and most of the other then small it's of the sill.

Done a lot of random stabbing but gave up as I was worried I was taking too much away and wouldn't know what shape it was meant to be, that's why I haven't cut anything yet.

Tools wise I've got a new unused mig with only a tiny gas bottle and no regulator gauge. Grinder with a flap wheel, a shit jack and a collection of other crap. Can't find the ramps that's why one side is on bricks

You've got the basics then. Assuming you've got a suitable sheet of steel, vice, drill, clamps, that sort of shizzle?

If Monsieur Imp is too busy I can give you a hand. Can bring some useful stuff, big bottle of co2, plasma cutter, cornflake boxes etc.