Hahahahahahaha

D Spares & Tyres

50 at best m8 you sound like one of those eBay pillock's ....... ☺

I put it on eBay for '£250 or may break' just out of interest

Had a surprising amount of interest, could of made far more than that breaking it as i have the space but seems a shame

Thought I would just park it up, these are getting rarer and more sort after by the day, I know my opinions m8 ☺

But anyway i only resurrected this thread because someone well known on here will probably be having it and I thought it was easier to steer him this way rather that go down and take more photos,

68 left by the way ☺

50 at best m8 you sound like one of those eBay pillock's ....... ☺

68 left by the way ☺

Its a K series Metro, its the 8v engine and its rusty with a knackerd CHG and no MOT, correct me if Im wrong, but it has a non SRS steering wheel, which means someone has had that out of it, the interior is tired - the best thing it has going for it are some alloys and reasonable tyres.

Its scrap, and no Im not one of those "ebay pillocks" because even if you offered it for £50, I dont want it. Im just realistic. Maybe if you found someone who really really wanted a GSi you could get a ton for it. Maybe.

I weighed in a cleaner fully functioning K11 last year because it needed welding and with scrap prices what they were driving down the price of MOT'd functioning cars it wasnt worth it - so off to become bean tins it went, same with the Picasso last month for the cost of gear selectors it wasnt worth fixing ( and that had alloys and decent tyres too).

60-odd left or not, its really not that desirable.

According to HML there are 64 examples of my Xantia but its worth the square root of fuck all.

Its a K series Metro, its the 8v engine and its rusty with a knackerd CHG and no MOT, correct me if Im wrong, but it has a non SRS steering wheel, which means someone has had that out of it, the interior is tired - the best thing it has going for it are some alloys and reasonable tyres.

Its scrap, and no Im not one of those "ebay pillocks" because even if you offered it for £50, I dont want it. Im just realistic. Maybe if you found someone who really really wanted a GSi you could get a ton for it. Maybe.

I weighed in a cleaner fully functioning K11 last year because it needed welding and with scrap prices what they were driving down the price of MOT'd functioning cars it wasnt worth it - so off to become bean tins it went, same with the Picasso last month for the cost of gear selectors it wasnt worth fixing ( and that had alloys and decent tyres too).

60-odd left or not, its really not that desirable.

According to HML there are 64 examples of my Xantia but its worth the square root of fuck all.

Surely the appreciation, saving and use of the most undesirable cars is the whole spirit of this forum!

Surely the appreciation, saving and use of the most undesirable cars is the whole spirit of this forum!

That's fine. I'm saving a Xantia that means nothing to anyone but me and is worth fuck all.

But not for two hundred and fifty quid.

It's a fifty quid scrapper at best.

There you go that's my opinion but it's been hanging round since April and no one has snapped it up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rover-metro/291654955560?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D54ea9860ccf440e79b8aedcf35032413%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D252235580393

Here is another for £30

Sent from my SM-C105S using Tapatalk

But anyway i only resurrected this thread because someone well known on here will probably be having it and I thought it was easier to steer him this way rather that go down and take more photos,

I never used to like these but they are growing on me since most of them have vanished.  It's nice to see that someone wants to save this one.  After tackling the HG on the Disco I was tempted to take this on but don't have the time or space at the moment.

bridge it. i was being given these free 6 years ago. and the metro lot wont want it because its a 5 door.  gsi means feck all. gti is what they want. arches are fooked, theres 200 to repair it correctly if you do it yourself. hg fix, another 200, if it needs a hydragas unit or owt for mot your in another 200. 

yet for 750, here a nice 3 door with a 1.6 k fitted and it has mot. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-100-1-6-Metro-/262214382472?hash=item3d0d31f388:g:dGIAAOSwk1JWgbvP

You lot are a funny bunch...

I weigh in shit all the time but Metro values are appreciating so I don't need to listen to internet experts and bar room bores telling me bollocks, I have plenty of space so stuff can sit there til I get the right price... ☺

You are all spoilt by the shite cavcraft puts your way. Don't know why he does it, I would ask double what he does...

Anyway this £50 Max m8, weigh it in m8, all metros are shite m8 Etc little beauty looks like it has found a new home...

Watch this space.

Or don't. I couldn't give one tiny fuck either way ☺

Ouch!!! Peeps need to chill out and ease off Tom. 150 is something someone MAY pay for it,for instance someone restoring a gta or something. Spares add up. If nobody took a chance on this kind of stuff,it would be fragged and extinct by now.

Tom is well aware there is an arse for every seat,and if he frags it for 20 quid he knows what he was rolling the dice on.

I have no doubt if his best mate wanted it for free he would give it to them. To be fair,why should he if he can turn a coin?

You are a very negative person. We have encountered one another on here before without any previous provocation from me.

Cavcraft wares are too cheap, he could make more but not on here but how was that an insult?

I never knock other people unless they start, i am an incredibly polite person both on here and in real life. However if derogatory comments are put my way then of course its game on.... ☺

Anyway, if anybody cares to read the thread, it isn't for sale on here and hasn't been for nearly a year. I just parked it up and a chance conversation lead to me bumping it so the chap could see it.....

You lot are a funny bunch...

Metro values are appreciating 

Anyway this £50 Max m8,

I couldn't give one tiny fuck either way ☺

We are, and yes, Metro values are now going up - they wont ever hit "mini" levels given that the last of the MG A series (most desirable of the Metros) was produced some 27 years ago and the K series GTi about 17 years ago - I think they are peaking and a really really nice example seems to top out at about £1300 to £1500 and yes, for an utterly mint 1986 or 1987 1.3L in diamond white thats what I would pay, without hesitation. I like Metros, Ive had a few go through my life (all white ones too), and I'd have another A series in a heartbeat.

And I dont call people M8.

This is still here!

Had almost forgotten about it but someone on here asked me about it so I'm just giving this thread a bump ☺

I never knock other people unless they start, i am an incredibly polite person both on here and in real life. However if derogatory comments are put my way then of course its game on.... ☺

Anyway, if anybody cares to read the thread, it isn't for sale on here and hasn't been for nearly a year. I just parked it up and a chance conversation lead to me bumping it so the chap could see it.....

These two posts seem to contradict each other, look Im not having a pop at you, I dont know you, you dont know me so it wouldnt be fair, merely expressing the opinion of what I feel its worth as a non runner with no MOT. If you can get what you want for it then fair play to you. As I mentioned on another thread I would offer what I felt something was worth to me (and no I wsnt offering you £50 for it M8!!), if it is really wide of the sellers mark then there isnt any point in making an offer because you only rattle peoples cages that way. And life is too short.

Look, good luck, it would be nice if it was put back on the road, but my gabber would be well and truly flasted if that happened.

When I joined this forum someone saving an unwanted and apparently unloved car like a Metro would have been praised and almost venerated. This place used to be about saving undesireable cars, what about Mr Bickle and his Renault 14, you can't get more unwanted and unloved than that.

Is the Metro/100 series more unloved than a Renault 14/Talbot Alpine? It is one of the last real British bread and butter cars, also wasn't the original Metro the car which saved Austin Rover and I have road tests from the early 1990's where the Rover Metro was proclaimed to be the best supermini available. Sure these points make it worth saving.

People often very tongue in cheek state "this place is not what it used to be" but to me it appears to be true.

If Tom had scrapped the car 18 months ago no doubt some people would have been crying "shame"!

If I remember correctly, dodgytom tried selling the rustiest Xantia I've ever seen for quite a strong price on here.

Looking forward to seeing this in a 'spotted' thread in 10 years, rotten and sinking into the grass.

I put a rusty but fsh Xantia on for £200, got a load of crap over it

Sold engine for £195, cat for £30, wheels for £40. The spheres were good so they went on my Xantia

Then the shell weighed in for £50

I don't bullshit and I do know the prices of what I can get I just thought somebody would like to save it for less money as I hate to see stuff scrapped that could live again despite it being my business