deals on wheels

bones96

Bejesus -what else are you lot going to find out there!T'was in the early days of 'bets ' on trips to Le Mans each June. That one was cheapest open top gets a free weekend- mine was a 1967 Midget ,painted Dulux poppy red bought with a rod hanging out the block.From memory I took it on round Europe after the race.Following year we did the trip on Step thrus (I took a Suzuki 70,got beaten there by an early Cub with a set of original tartan panniers!) following year by 1.6l's (Sierra estate) then fibreglass jobbies (Modified Berkeley se328 -still got it!) and Fiat 500's.Petered out thereafter.Bet you cant find my article on buying a Mk1 Scootacar!!!

T'was a laugh to do -and I did another (Alfetta sale) that was never screened- dont know why.Fascinating seeing how these progs are made -and the vast amount of tie involved.The 'upside' is that the car is effectively sold -cos the buyer really cant back out -or haggle -on camera!Marvellous

• 1 year later...

I love Deals on Wheels, when they started repeating it recently I thought it was a new series and nearly snorted my coffee through my nose when a R-plate Megane went for £2995 or summat. Not as good as the Used Car Roadshow though, that really takes the biccie for endless repeats of useless tripe.

Tis only 1 of 3 Barns ,plus a large external carpark, (& currently around 25 at home!)Yep-a good price. Although a Splittie, it was getting dangerously close to needing woodwork, and my interests had turned to Standards - so it had to go.Bloke who bought it hadnt yet passed his test, so Ihad to deliver it. Only saw it once thereafter,being piloted at some speed.Wonder if its still out there?

Am I in a minority, or is Mike Brewer the most annoying bloke on television? I've just watched a repeat of the Merc 230 "restoration",all that bollocks about a "funny whining noise that could be the gearbox" to the poor sod he bought it from.....................as for the sunroof not working because someone had removed the fuse, I'm not convinced!

Am I in a minority, or is Mike Brewer the most annoying bloke on television?

No, you are not in a minority.

Yes, he is annoying. Possibly not the most annoying, but certainly up there in the top 10.

Thinking about it, that smug tw*t from 5th Gear, Tiff Needil is a pain, as is Vicky Butler-Sodding-Henderson, who is looking increasingly haggard these days. Needil must be on a huge bung from BMW, as he licks the blue propellor at every available opportunity...

Top three annoying motiring presenters:3. Mike Brewer, for failing to realise he comes across as not having the faintest idea what he's talking about. I'm led to believe Ed China is a very talented bloke, but all the tech stuff gets translated into horse shit by Brewer.2. Jason Dawe, Used Car Roadshow. Utter twonk. Contradicts himself at every opportunity (eg "Classic cars such as this Merc 190 offer great value motoring" .... five minutes later ... "running an older car can really hit you when it comes to maintanance and repairs, so buy as new as you can")1. Tim Westwood. STFU. Makes a poor program completely unwatchable.But V-BH? She'd still get it. Twice, and once after breakfast too if she's lucky.

But V-BH? She'd still get it. Twice, and once after breakfast too if she's lucky.

Cock off, who'd want to boff that rancid old troll. And don't blame me if you find a 'surprise' when you whip her pants down. Yeah, a big cock & balls surprise. How else do you explain the voice & scary man-hands. Most irritating ever is a 'tosser-off' between that Jason Barlow who has thankfully gone quiet (maybe he has been assassinated for being a smug bastard) and that prick who presented the truly odious 'vroom vroom' programme. Was his name Brendan Coogan? A puffy-faced olegious little twat who appeared to have got lost on his way to show unlucky punters round a cheap apartment rental. I think he got lobbed off the telly when he got banned for DD.

I throw in another contender, the little bald bloke, Dominic someting, he's done a couple of series on rebuilding stuff that would best be left in the scrapper for mug punters who can't afford retail. I think Vicky Bloke-Henderson appeared in some of them. Sanctimonious little twonk.

This fella:

Posted Image

:?:

Total and utter c*nt of the highest order. How he managses to survive in work I do not know, as he crops up on various daytime dross.

I saw him do one where he was supposed to be 'helping' two sisters buy their first flat. Unfortunately, these girls were indian, and this chap is clearly a fully paid up member of the BNP, as the whole of the show seemed to be him making sly digs...