Automatic for the people....

Father Ted

Going to swing by on boxing day (so called because the churches used to give mony to the poor from out of the "poor boxes") and shove a note through offering £300 - my offer for the Saab was refused, so there it sits on her drive!A 1.8 automatic - in a renner 5 shell - sounds fun.Otherwise got my eye on a Nissan jelly mould 1300SLX auto for £500

Are they sure thats a 1721 Auto? I was always under the impression the Automatic model was only available with the 1397 "Cleon" motor and the manual was the one with the "F" series 1721 engine. Either way, they are mighty little motors and well worth the money. If you get it, expect occasional electrical problems and please please please keep the cooling system tip top as they are quite happy to blow head gaskets IMHO - not on "K" series scale but they can be weak on these.If you dont get it, I might take a trip up myself for it!

Are they sure thats a 1721 Auto?

Registered as a 1.4The enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for G45 GHG are:Date of Liability 06 10 2008Date of First Registration 01 08 1989Year of Manufacture 1989Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour BEIGEBut on the bright side...Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £66.0012 Months Rate £120.00

Been & left my details at the garage but not oprn untill the new yaear.

spoted this pug estate on the bay, but the engine looks like a 1700 citroen unit, not pug 1900

Posted Image

I thought pugs had their intercooler front mounted. Not sealing neatly onto the bonnet?

Renault 5 monacos are lovely,i,ve owned 3,the autosbx are a little fragile like all Renault autos,its fully loaded and has PAS as standard,champange beige is a rare colur,mocco brown is the most common,and tungsten grey,just make sure it has all the goodies including the bag under the rear parcel shelf!!,and it drives fine,gearchange is smooth etc..

Reckon it'd drive back as is with some K-seal? Jump a train and take your RAC card with you, plenty would be willing to help resurrect it including me. My mechanical skillzors are weak but willing to help out if wanted?

Posted Image

Even the RAC wont believe that i'm phoning them because the CHG has just gone when confroneted with the above....

Ah yes, just testing :oops: Never mind, where there's a way there's a will and I have RAC card and can travel if needed. Any idea what happened to Sleepy's old BX auto by the way?

Nope, no idea what hapened to Aarons old auto - the number plate was worth a few bob (ADM).

Offer on Monaco rejected, not really prepared to pay £500 for a G plate renner 5, no matter how much leather.

I espied this today on the evil bay, bike up to about £850 and ends today, so I may be a bit more flush than I thought - anyone know much about these things:

Posted Image

Yes, the whole thing is ticking a lot of the shite boxes, funny name, wheels like a Mk 1 metro, burburry tartan interior, top speed of a milk float, looks hideous whilst being obscure J tin and hopefully reliable. Just wondered what it was based on and what parts support was likely to be like in this country.

I like that it's unusual, hideous, has a very silly name and is probably really reliable...But then I also think it's crap, mainly for the same reasons...A difficult one, I think it's the sort of thing I'd love my neighbour to have just so I could look at it and marvel at it's ugliness, but I don't think I could live with the experience of driving it in public...