Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Redundancy Ramblings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,420 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

Three months into a new job, the b***ds made me and a few others redundant as part of a management regrouping, or whatever the crap-speak is. But grey clouds and silver linings, got a new job, but don't start until January, so lots of time for lolling about whilst Beloved toils at the hospital. And other benefits too:-First, the company motor is going back - it's a 318 diseasal, and a nasty piece of tat. Not sorry to see it go. Then Beloved says to me, we need a runaround for you until you start the job. Ferrying kids when she's at work. That kind of thing. Go and find a car for 500 quid or less. So I'm like a pig in primroses, scouring ebay, the small-ads, the newsagents' windows and Tesco's notice board. A plethora of old crap out there, all waiting to have tyres kicked, and service histories examined. What joy!Few fixed rules, need 4 doors, MoT, and be capable of being sold on again in the New Year when I can buy something better.I'll let you all know what develops ...

#2 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

That sucks to be given the heave-ho after a short time. I'm out on my ear too, as a victim of circumstance more than anything. But it does mean I get about £7k in my sky-rocket as a result. Very tempted to blow it all on shite. But removing the credz cardz and a new central heating wotsit are on the menu. Good luck with your shite-quest. There's that lovely Austin Princess on the bay, surely ticks the boxes. GET ON WITH IT.

#3 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:32 AM

Me too -but as I'd only 'done' 7 months so too short term for funds from them -except they have to honour my contract with pay, car allowance, phones, expenses etc etc to mid Feb. 'Gardening leave' has a lot to recommend it.Cest la vie...
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#4 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

I just got a letter from the taxman that sent me straight to the potty, got an inspection coming up! Balls! Not that I'm too worried 'coz I'm a good boy but I'm still cacking it, might be having another sale!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users