Shitefest 2015 5-7th June

mat_the_cat

Following on from the vote a month ago, it seems like the majority were up for a Llangollen meet, or didn't mind where we did it as long as it happened. So let's make it happen! I know there's never going to be a date that suits everyone, so I was going set one that suits me (organiser's privilege ;-) ) and take it from there. Obviously if nobody can make it I'll have to think again!

The museum is free on Friday the 5th June, and there is also apparently a large gathering of Morgans in the town that weekend. Given that it would be difficult to top the 2014 venue I'm suggesting a scenic drive down through Wales to Devil's Bridge for the Saturday night, if that appeals.

So a rough itinerary is as follows:

1) Arrive Friday afternoon/evening

2) Set up camp (£5 each, basic facilities)

3) Quench our thirsts after the drive over

4) Bonfire!

5) Visit museum Saturday morning (£3 each)

6) Drive down

7) Repeat from 2) :-)

No deposit is required, but I said I'd give them a rough idea of numbers ASAP and confirm the date. Any takers?

EDIT - Suggested directions for a scenic drive down to Devil's Bridge:

Take A5 West to Corwen.

Turn left after leaving Corwen onto B4401 through Llandrillo.

Turn left just after Brynterion Inn up B4402 to a T junction with B4391.

Option: Turn right onto B4391 taking narrow singletrack road left, through Rhos y gwaliau to upper end of Lake Vyrnwy.

Turn left onto B4391 through Llangynog to Penybontfawr.

Turn right onto B4396 to Lake Vyrnwy

Optional: circuit of the lake

From the North of the dam head East on B4393. Turn right onto B4395 to the T junction with A458.

Turn right onto A458 and follow to the roundabout with A470.

Option: before the roundabout, turn left down onto narrow singletrack road (on LH bend, opposite white house with post-box outside) and follow to Llanbrynmair.

Turn left onto A470, and left at the next roundabout to stay on the same road to Llanbrynmair.

Turn right onto B4518 to Llyn Clywedog and Llanidloes.

Turn right at T junction in Llanidloes, then left at roundabout to join A470.

Turn right onto A470 to Llangurig.

At Llangurig turn right at the roundabout onto A44 towards Aberystwyth.

At Ponterwyd turn left onto A4120 to Devil’s Bridge.

At Devil’s Bridge turn left just before the Hafod hotel onto B4574, then shortly turn right into SF ’15!

I'm in!  Thanks Matt, someone needed to make this happen.  If I wimp out, it'll be the 940 for optimum comfort, if it's a nice weekend it'll be the CG125 with a tent on the back.  Although crossing the Severn on a provision will be a mission.

Edit: Damn, will have to go back on Saturday if I come, realised I have a triathlon on the Sunday.

Is there a hotel or similar nearby for those of us without tents and cars too small to sleep in.

Plenty of hotels and the like - I can try and get some recommendations if you like?

So, is the plan to stop in Devil's Bridge on Saturday night? If so, I may need to order a loo in and so contributions will be required. I'll also check the hotel is free.

That's what I was thinking, but no biggie if it's not doable - a scenic round trip is equally possible.