Fate Sealed? Pistachio Green Polo £120

2MB

A couple of months ago my girlfriend's polo started making noises from the gearbox. They are not pleasant noises, suspected pinion shaft bearing failure so replacement or repair will be needed. The car still drives but has been replaced for daily duties. The intention was to fix up and sell on but I'm working away all the time at the minute and it's not gonna happen. Oh and the MOT runs out tomorrow, it's had a light tap up the arse (see pics) and the sunroof panel has been plated over. Apart from that it's a fuckin minter, 4 very good tyres (on the steels not the alloys), looks tidy enough and good interior. Engine is sweet as a nut, steers and stops well. 

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

I know there's not a great deal going for it, but I thought I'd offer it on here before the bridge takes it or I break it myself. It sold for £122 on ebay so if anyone wants to collect it this weekend for £120 that'd be wonderful.

IMG_39121.jpg

Photobucket is taking the piss so here is the link to the ebay ad for more pics

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251859048124?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I can't find a thing that would make it fail a test. Whether the gearbox would make it to the test centre is another matter. It started moaning on a trip to scarborough and made it home (70 miles) without getting any worse, but there was a scent of gear oil so it was getting pretty hot by then.

Interior is very good, save for a small (5p sized) hole on drivers bolster

I can't find a thing that would make it fail a test. Whether the gearbox would make it to the test centre is another matter. It started moaning on a trip to scarborough and made it home (70 miles) without getting any worse, but there was a scent of gear oil so it was getting pretty hot by then.

Interior is very good, save for a small (5p sized) hole on drivers bolster

Cheers- unfortunatley it was the drivers seat that is phuqed on mine too.

Is the lock set/ignition barrel any good? My diesel has 1 key for the doors, and a key/starter button for the ignition-so would be nice to get it all on one key!