Peugeot 106 automatic, anyone? Loads of MOT with recon'd head £200!

Cavcraft

1998 ( might be 1997) Peugeot 106 automatic.

1.4 petrol

MOT September I think

Power steering

Sunroof

98,000 miles

Incredibly clean/tidy only had 4 owners

Starts and runs, gearbox works fine but head gasket has blown.

Will need to be trailered or recovered away as automatic.

You could drive I suppose but good luck with that one

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back bumper was my fault because an idiot. Door locks work (central locking) using the key but it's a bit stiff.

Anyhow, it's a great car with loads of life in it still once you've fixed HG.

Autoshite price is....

£180, collected from Chester. I think that's pretty fair as fixed it surely has to be worth between £450-£595, small nice autos always command a premium.

My lad is off this week (so am I) so we might have it fixed, but he works long/daft hours fixing mechanical things so I don't really want to mither him to do it. Won't hurt to ask once, though!

I reckon that'd be quite a nice car for someone who is already up to the level of doing their own brakes and balljoints to graduate to Shite-Artist Level 3* and attempt a head gasket. It's not like you're feet-first into a KV6 or something, and worst case you lose a few quid and sell it on with the head in the boot.

I've spun the Wheel of Excuses and it came up with "You're too far away to trailer it back" so it's only an observation rather than a binding contract, like, but I can't think of many cars that would be easier to fix up, and look smart.

*Shite-Artist Level 2 is track rod ends, brakes, balljoints, engine ancillaries and winder regulators.

Shite-Artist Level 1 is putting oil in and taking it for new tyres.

Shite-Artist Level 4 is replacing an engine or fitting tyres to rims using nothing more than a plastic spork and some KY Jelly

Shite-Artist Level 5 is getting a Laguna Auto diesel running for more than a week.

I came home thinking about getting missus moog to swap her civic for this as I would rather deal with hgf than Lucas magic.

Sadly/positively (delete as applicable) she has declared herself liking the civic now it is.much quicker and drinking less than Gazza (other fading stars available).

So I was in, out, shake it all about.

My lad said he'd do it, but now he's busy tomorrow, on the piss tomorrow night and out on Thursday. He goes back to work on Friday, do you think he's trying to tell me something?

It's my birthday present from him. Not far off the head being removed now, going to try and get it skimmed today, get head gasket kit, oil, filter, thermostat etc then pray it's ready to go back on tomorrow.