What do you do with a hot pink & rusty mini?

Fabergé Greggs

That might be more like it, it's way more rusty than the photos suggest.

The plate belongs to my pal, I need to transfer it which I think I can do now without it being MOT'd.

Otherwise I'm in a right pickle.

Call the DVLA.... It may be possible with no MOT. They are surprisingly helpful at times.

Oh man, if I had the storage there is no way I'd get rid of it! Sadly it's just sitting on my parents drive in the wettest part of the world. And with london house prices there's no way I'll be able to ever afford a house, let alone one with a garage.

It is pretty rusty likes, no real panel to speak of where the boot meets the boot floor!

I think the bulkhead is good though..

I'll take some pics when I next visit.

What's the score with the plate now? Is it still to be returned? If it could be sold I would be interested as my OH is R66

Definitely to be returned to its owner I'm afraid. Previously you used to have to have an MOT for this but now they've relaxed a little on this so I've no excuse.

What's an "OH" out of interest?

I was slow on the uptake..

Will pass that on, though I've truly no idea of value. Any ideas?

Paid around £1000 from DVLA  for F2 MAL 10 years ago, well my wife did.

Don't think its value has gone up although we have had offers to buy.

On that basis If I really wanted it, which I don't I'd pay between £1,000 and £2,000.

It's all in the eye of the beholder though, means very little to anyone else

Edit, N123 SAM is on DVLA at £1299.

So I reduce my ridiculous figure to between £800 and £1000.

What kind of condition?

Last on road in September, but i think stevie wonder MOT'd it the preious year. Bodge after bodge has been found so im going to do a proper job of this one as mrs Sutty will be driving it. Its a 998cc runs and drives quite well and has some bling!

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, that looks as fucked as fucked can be.

I would get rid of it as fast as possible, while repeatedly congratulating myself on the amount of welding and other expense, grief and general unpleasantness I'd avoided by not even getting involved with it in any way at all*.

* can you tell I once owned a Mini?

A grand?

That's a very promising offer, thanks. 

I do need to stick wait for the new plate details to come through as it's not included, at which point I was gonna stick it on ebay, hoping for something a bit more north of a grand. 

The interior etc is bang on and complete and I've seen them go for £500, and the whole car has only done 19,000 miles so the engine/box have got to be worth something too?