1996 MGF for sale - £450,now Purchased by DVee8

Station

I'm sure Mr FPB7 has absolute first dibs on this.

Due to my dual life (one in the West Midlands, one in the Wirral), I'm finding a challenge to get anything done. Booked the car in for MOT up there, but couldn't get it done on a Saturday. Drove up there last night, and then drove the MGF down for an MOT test TODAY at 9am.

This is the first time it's done a proper long run (150 miles) in about three or maybe four years and it was fine. There's a few rattles from interior, but waddyawanfromme for £450?

16382343519_38a5b83e56_h.jpg

Just want it to go to a good home that won't scrap it the first time something goes wrong. :)

Ok!

Car is now repaired, taking it down tomorrow at 5pm for a retest and will be available tomorrow night, fao FPB7. :)

On a plus point, the rear calipers weren't seized as they were new about three years ago You can move the levers by hand), the cables just needed readjusting (quite a process on these - calipers have to come off and you have to wind the piston in and pump them out with brake pedal, and then reattach the cables, and then tighten the cable up to have 1mm of give in them). Have replaced the wheel bearing and balljoint, and will do the fog light before I leave.

OK, got everything ready to drive down, got about 10 metres down the road and wheel bearing is duff! It was clonking very heavily.

I also thought the car was really twitchy, but the tyres were pumped up to nearly 50 psi lol.

Have lodged a 'return' with the company and they're sending a new bearing to me.

I know this for sale has gone on for a long time, so I'll just leave the thread at that and will get it down for next Monday.

16000919314_d740df577b_h.jpg

16436082990_924bf26663_h.jpg

16000916334_7d4a3ce5f2_h.jpg

16597131866_a79aebc96e_h.jpg

16436083990_2e1c16972a_h.jpg

Not to worry, things like that happen just when you don't want them to! Might be a bit of a problem next week as I'll be out on a job in Hertfordshire for the week. I haven't got confirmed details as yet but when I find out...

No I can't tow it behind the bus. Even though it's got a towbar, I tow a 16KVA genny using that!