Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Many, many thanks to SixCylinder and Mrs_SixCylinder for picking me up from the station (in a V6 Alfa, no less), giving me a free, exclusive tour of the Field of Dreams and providing a cup of tea, all whilst being thoroughly nice people.  A very enjoyable day out, especially when combined with trains that were clean, efficient and on time.

The car is great of course, I think I finally have a 100% healthy 1.4 K series after 3 failed attempts.  It drives extremely well, didn't use too much fuel and was surprisingly comfortable.  I took an alternative, much windier and more entertaining route home avoiding the majority of the A39 North Devon link road and the little MG was in its element.  I dare say I could have used less fuel getting home but where's the fun in that?

I was shown a lot of very, very nice cars and a few that will be nice again one day but I reckon the orange GS and the white DS were the highlights (MG aside, of course), you both have exceptionally good taste in cars!

Utterly Unbelievable last week somebody tried to steal my Visa !!!  FOK Knows whaat they were thinking  A narrow

get- away Pram I mean car for shooting up back alleys?   Nay pun intended                 

The Baarstands broken the back windows & bent the steering wheel along with busting the plastic cowling around it! Car was in Luton surrounded by numerous other cars but the Baarstools singled out the Citroen???  Damn!

post-20129-0-04783800-1502039949_thumb.jpgpost-20129-0-69299500-1502039959_thumb.jpg

post-20129-0-12448500-1502041552_thumb.jpg

NOT MINE!

I have a visitor belonging to GoGentley, another Visa. It is a very solid car but was taken apart to spruce it up and unfortunately the owner has pasted away. It has come to me so GoGentley can look at it fully and decide what to do with it.

I reckon it's like the Hotel California. You can check (them ) in any time you want but (they) can never leave.

My BMW 735i SE passed its MOT after a new front brake calliper/pads were fitted. All the vibration that shook the steering badly has gone.

We have owned it for 9 1/2 years now, 24,000 miles and it was been a very good car. It has always been an extra car hence only averaging 2,500 miles a year. It is the car I have spent the longest behind the wheel in one go, 7 hours 350 miles, fuel and bladder held out! I was surprised at how little I was fatigued and ready for the party when I got to Edinburgh, that's what a Luxo barge can do for you. At the other end of the scale I have driven it around the Nurburgring where the taught sports saloon felt like a floppy jelly! Still great to drive it at the Ring and I tried to max it out in Germany getting to 130 mph before the gantry speed limit signs came on.

post-4787-0-59513400-1503489099_thumb.jpg