Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

I just blue tack them to the fuse box lid in the Saab. One or two of each, as occasionally the front windows like to pop the fuse if I'm turning the wheel and the aircon/rear window demister are on at the same time. It happens less than once a year, so I can't really grumble if that's the height of my problems.

KILL RANGE ROVER PUT BINS IN PRIDE OF PLAICE WHERE RANGE ROVER WAS

I am not sure what you had in mind! A small change yesterday has changed the view and so I did not have to look at the Audi back I parked it facing my office window, trouble is the battery was flat so I put it on charge with the bonnet open a bit! Maybe I should just get a picture to hang in front of my window!

post-4787-0-57479000-1521618013_thumb.jpg

I just blue tack them to the fuse box lid in the Saab. One or two of each, as occasionally the front windows like to pop the fuse if I'm turning the wheel and the aircon/rear window demister are on at the same time. It happens less than once a year, so I can't really grumble if that's the height of my problems.

My E30 has never popped a fuse in 7 years (except the boot light I have just done) I have owned it, so the loose fuses are from the previous owner or the Auto electrician when be removed the alarm or changed the speedohead.

I didn't see your RAC truck sat in the corner of the FOD...

When's the FoD opening for the 2018 season again as well?

Tricky question, I have tried short notice when I have a fair idea of the weather and everybody is busy and it seems a shame to wait until summer so I guess it is time for me to find provisional dates subject to weather.

post-4787-0-85408500-1521630009_thumb.jpg

How about Sunday 15th July, the day after the Festival of the Unexceptional.

Then any long-distance visitors who wanted to could stay overnight and attend.

If we can persuade dollywobbler to stay over we can all practise autocrossing the Invacar.

There are at least two locals who are dying to try it out.

If Zelandeth brings his as well we can have Invacar races!

How about Sunday 15th July, the day after the Festival of the Unexceptional.

Then any long-distance visitors who wanted to could stay overnight and attend.

If we can persuade dollywobbler to stay over we can all practise autocrossing the Invacar.

There are at least two locals who are dying to try it out.

If Zelandeth brings his as well we can have Invacar races!

14/15 July is Citroen National weekend.

A BIG thanks to Panhard65 without his help my Peugeot 103 project would have failed and you would have seen a spares or repair ad.

Major problems - thread on the end of the crankshaft buggered, wrong width of piston rings, ball bearing races seized, carb had a broken lever and electrical issues so no spark. All these have been sorted for me leaving me a list of things to do that I hope I can cope with.

Jobs to do sort - Tune and reset idle, sort decompression lever for stopping engine,  fit a new disengagement catch for the variator so it can be pushed, number plate, bracket for front mudguard stay, fit thin wall petrol pipe so cover can be refitted.

post-4787-0-44151100-1521740515_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-18091700-1521740530_thumb.jpg

I am not sure what you had in mind! A small change yesterday has changed the view and so I did not have to look at the Audi back I parked it facing my office window, trouble is the battery was flat so I put it on charge with the bonnet open a bit! Maybe I should just get a picture to hang in front of my window!

PLANT TREE IN FRONT OF 4 WHEEL DRIVE

Saturday 31st March 2018 - Field of Dreams Day for taking bits of Rover 75 and drinking Tea!

beko is taking the rear arms from the 75 for Split_pin so if anybody else wants anything from the 75 before I have it taken away please come and join us

Also people just wanting to drink tea are welcome.

Campers welcome on site.

post-4787-0-31479400-1521824817_thumb.jpg

Could also possibly do Friday afternoon... but now I've seen this thread edit!

Possibly snow dependant though, but judging by how quickly the snow hit last weekend we won't know until half an hour before we set off anyway!

1 - Beko1987!

I might have a look along at this and rob the inlet manifold if I get up in decent time on the Saturday

Oooh, Ooooh, if you do, would your offer of the bush tool for the gooner still be valid? Won't get round to it straight away, but would save postage...

Unless it's buried/you cant be arsed etc, in which case fair enough!