Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Just came across this - surely the answer is a low value resistor in series with the sender?

Edit - this bloke did it on his Caterham -

https://csr175.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/recalibrating-the-water-temperature-gauge/

I will start by changing the sender unit on the Sovereign S1. I have bought sender unit but can't find it even though I have a heap of parts on my desk waiting to be fitted.

post-4787-0-36959500-1487968222_thumb.jpg

Guest Breadvan72

I looked up my 2500TC the other day plenty of MOT and tax and did 20k last year or had a speedo change!

I like the PI as long as it has PAS but no not at the moment.

I nearly gave in this evening with the 306 floppytop but someone is now having it I think.

I did buy this mower this evening though!

post-4787-0-18820500-1488231969_thumb.jpg

I'm not an E36 fan, but if I had a clean tidy, sport leather equipped, six cylinder, manual coupe that owed me nothing and somewhere to park it, I'd not be considering selling it.

I quite like that option but there is a cost to storing cars and also even cars in storage still deteriorate even without use.

It doesn't look too bad, but would the plan be a full bare metal restoration or a get it on the road job? Values seem strong for them. Is it the proper engine?

Yes Stag engine, but it has been standing for 10 years so I am going over next week to take the plugs out and see if it will turn on the starter.

No plan yet!

I collected my new mower today, not a great start as I can’t get it to run by electric or cord. Shame I was very pleased what good condition it looked, but was sold to me by a dealer as spares/repair so I can’t complain, just something else to fix!

I was told it needed a new cutting blade but it looks fine to me maybe dressed with a grinder, what do you think?

The Alfa 156 got the towing job today, it won because the trailer already had its number plate on it!

post-4787-0-46325800-1488471917_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-63231800-1488471965_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-83052600-1488471982_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-36045200-1488472013_thumb.jpg

That blade looks fine. Grind from the top side so the bottom of the blade is flat. Blade has had it when the up-turned part that does the blowing is worn away or beginning to split.

It's a long time since I drove one, but it was sensitive to plug gaps I recall.

It's a long time since I drove one, but it was sensitive to plug gaps I recall.

I will have another go with a jump pack before I condemn it as it had a low battery when I first tried it and by the time I remembered it had a pull start I had tipped it on its side to check the blade.

I will have another go with a jump pack before I condemn it as it had a low battery when I first tried it and by the time I remembered it had a pull start I had tipped it on its side to check the blade.

We ( the vicar and I ) used to keep it on a trickle charge now I'm thinking about it more. Always was a slow turner over though and neither of us could start it with the cord.