Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Ok thought and discussion with Mrs6C has now been given to the Citroen National car show v Festival of the Unexceptional and Field of dreams open weekend.

The result is we will forgo the Citroen show to be with you lot!

Free camping for all Autoshiters all weekend and car tinkering, more details to follow.

Weekend 14/15 July 2018 with the Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th.

post-4787-0-62538700-1522325111_thumb.jpg

Something worth taking off the 75 before its cubed is the little hatches that are on the front wheel arch liners. These let you change the bulbs and always seem to fall off. I got one from  a car in the scrap yard but many had it missing.

Excellent decision.

Hopefully you will get more attendees this time from some (or hopefully all) of the Autoshite FoU participants.

Also more variety than just Citroens.

Quicksilver and I will doubtless make the long trek to attend.

Us -> FoU = 5 miles.

Us -> FoD = 5 miles.

Fairly local methinks.

Ideal 4 us!

I wasnt aware we were going for the full weekend! I've only got a pass out for some of tomorrow and Saturday...

Gareths exhaust hasnt turned up yet so if it doesnt we won't be doing that so I could be earlier, after taking Eva to mums so still having to drive to Marlow then back again, oh well! Best start loading the car up with tools later too, hope it stops raining!

I've got my car bits in the car still so we could spanner a Laguna too, as long as we get it tracked back up enough to get me home without scrubbing a tyre off the wheel over 12 miles!

I wasnt aware we were going for the full weekend! I've only got a pass out for some of tomorrow and Saturday...

Gareths exhaust hasnt turned up yet so if it doesnt we won't be doing that so I could be earlier, after taking Eva to mums so still having to drive to Marlow then back again, oh well! Best start loading the car up with tools later too, hope it stops raining!

I've got my car bits in the car still so we could spanner a Laguna too, as long as we get it tracked back up enough to get me home without scrubbing a tyre off the wheel over 12 miles!

We have to go to Wales for family stuff Easter Sunday/Monday.

The Festival of the Unexceptional is 14th July, which clashes with the Citroen National that was our dilemma, we have now decided  to open the field of dreams and stay around Sunday, although we will not be there Saturday night as we had already accepted a BBQ invitation at a local allotment society.

My day has been rapidly changed thanks to gareths exhaust not turning up... Mums picking Child1 up in the morning, and my rough plan is to wander over at lunchtime for a few hours, then return Saturday morning (can I leave my tools there on Friday to save me having to get them out Saturday morning?)

In spite of the rain Beko and I got the Rover in position today. First we put the Laguna to work pulling the Xantia out of the way so the Range Rover was not trapped.

Pulling the 75 with the Range Rover was not difficult, but for Beko steering the 75 with a pair of grips because there was no wheel, while sitting on the floor not being able to see out was more of a challenge!

All ready for tomorrow now.

post-4787-0-74539800-1522429883_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-20548600-1522429889_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-78150800-1522429893_thumb.jpg