Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Your Bond looks very much like one which I had for a short while, I bought it but very rarely drove it. A new hood had been fitted (badly) and the wind up windows were badly fitting perspex so it only got used on a nice day. Still can't remember why I bought it, I think it was because I had missed out on something else. It did sound nice though.

Where is a Range Rover when you want one, in the garage getting fixed!

Tonight we needed to move our 2 ton boat across the yard where it is been stored so we can re pack the wheel bearings that are regularly run into water. The Xantia V6 has a broken tailgate glass and the Visa diesel is on SORN so tonight's move fell to the Alfa 156.

The wild Italian stallion looks good, sounds great but struggled to pull the boat, that was because the wheels were locked. A bit of jerking back and forward loosened 3 and backing the brakes of on the 4th got it rolling free. Once free the Alfa manoeuvred the boat with ease.

post-4787-0-10130600-1495487514_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-24270700-1495487527_thumb.jpg

It was. I'd love to save it and we have all the special tools for the Visa at work, here is an engine crane in my garage somewhere too.

It is not about doing it, but the cost. Also I need parts for other Visas and braking it makes more sense to me.

I have a good range of tools including an engine crane and we have recently put the engine back together on my LNA with is the same 1124cc suitcase.

post-4787-0-15835300-1495488887_thumb.jpg

What other parts do you need? I know of a very rusty one near Peterborough and we may still​have some bits at work?

The floors to cut out to weld in my Visa GT. GT back exhaust box. A fuel tank. Ignition module. Nearside front plastic wheel arch if it is a diesel. There must be more!

My friend has a Visa 11RE and his engine has been starved of oil and needs an engine.

post-4787-0-62508500-1495490520_thumb.jpg

That one is not a MK10 but the very slightly updated 420G. It belonged to a friend who had nowhere to park it, so I looked after it for a year and had full use of it including a 500 mile trip to West Wales.

Fugg me!  So that's why the North Sea oil is running out...

I

Hey, I drove right past your house today. Spotted a toilet blue Visa from a mile off but didn't twig the location until I'd almost gone straight past. Cool story, eh?

I was planning to take it to Shitefest but there seems to be some pressure to take the 2CV.

You are welcome to call in if you pass again.

Visa is my thing and especially this powerful 1.7 Diesel with 60 bhp!

On the other hand it would be nice to visit the 2CV show near Rugby on Sunday with my 2CV, last year I tried to get it there but had to give up because of binding brakes that are all fixed now.

post-4787-0-86859700-1496005534_thumb.jpg

Surprise news yesterday our MG Metro Mk1 has passed its MOT.

This has been under way for 15 months now, but a text at the end of the day made up for a difficult day. I have agreed that I will insure and tax it, then they will drive it a bit to make sure it runs ok. They did not want to use it before it is on the data bases because it looks dreadful with some new/second-hand body panels not painted. The whole car now needs painting.

post-4787-0-80268000-1496230436_thumb.jpg

Surprise news yesterday our MG Metro Mk1 has passed its MOT.

This has been under way for 15 months now, but a text at the end of the day made up for a difficult day. I have agreed that I will insure and tax it, then they will drive it a bit to make sure it runs ok. They did not want to use it before it is on the data bases because it looks dreadful with some new/second-hand body panels not painted. The whole car now needs painting.

Pah! Just bring it to Shitefest and we can paint it with rattle cans in the field. Sorted!

Result! Also bonus shot of the Toyota "model F" space cruiser next door.

BTW which vehicle is due for shitefest?

The Space Cruiser belongs to the garage proprietor.

First choice is going to be Visa 17RD C reg but the Sunroof headlining is falling apart and putting dust over me. I have had a new headlining made months ago and now we have a deadline we started fitting it this morning that involves taking the whole sunroof out. The new headlining has been folded for so long I have had to iron it.

post-4787-0-94928700-1496236268_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-30361300-1496236286_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-18916700-1496236302_thumb.jpg

R.e your Herald and Vitesse, have you got threads for them on here? Spitty six looks pretty fruity, too...

The Vitesse is currently the only running Triumph and with the help of Quicksilver and others the plan is to put the Spitfire 6 on the road this year.

I tend to just update in 6 cyl motoring notes when something happens, rather that have lots of threads, one for each car I have.

The Vitesse is currently the only running Triumph and with the help of Quicksilver and others the plan is to put the Spitfire 6 on the road this year.I tend to just update in 6 cyl motoring notes when something happens, rather that have lots of threads, one for each car I have.

Ah, fair enough. I spotted the Herald and Spit 6 in photos of a previous Autoshite meet, but don't remember seeing Vitesse pics. Will have a dig around.

Ah, fair enough. I spotted the Herald and Spit 6 in photos of a previous Autoshite meet, but don't remember seeing Vitesse pics. Will have a dig around.

It is in disgrace at the moment it had to come home towed by a Citroen C5 the other day and I have not had time to look at it yet. I have had this one over 12 years and had my first one in 1977 when it was 9 years old!

Vitesse on side of road - page 51, post 1526.

post-4787-0-74904000-1496244892_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I was hoping we could declare the Citroen LNA fit to take for MOT, but unfortunately a bit of driving it around the farm revealed a o-s front binding brake. Next Wednesday is penciled in for another go to get it ready.

I also had a practice on my Elyseo 50 in preparation for doing my CBT. I am quite rusty at riding and wobbled a lot but did not fall off! I think I will need to practice quite a lot before I am ready for CBT.

post-4787-0-90290700-1496915395_thumb.jpg