Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Chris, what sort of things might you want to focus on?

Tea drinking

Work on your own car

Move Alfa Giulietta saloon to be worked on

Give Giulietta sparks

Wash and photograph black and "Green" Range Rover for advert

Brakes for Spitfire

Take head off spare 1124cc Visa engine.

Check what exhaust part I am missing from the Visa GT

Get the mopeds running for the summer.

?????

I probably can't do any of it... Amys working this weekend so can't do Saturday, but she's away with the kids Sunday and Monday. Which would be ideal but I REALLY must work on the gooner, having done literally nothing to it in 3 months I have parts to fit, fancy giving it a wash and having a trial run of my shitefest camping arrangements. Plus I might be drunk.

Don't rule me out, if I get on well on Sunday I might, but I may not get over...

Guest Hooli

Good luck with the weather. I need to pop in to work occasionally to keep an eye on the uranium* so can’t come along.

*Did I mention I’m not feeling well?

Corre?

Shouldn't that leave you enriched?

I used to drive one for the church in colnbrook. Coming soon to the end of runway 3 at Heathrow!

Whipping the plugs out for a clean usually got it going with a good battery.

Just remembered we had a lethal wood shredder attachment on the back-lots of fun for all the family!

Not sure whether time will allow or not, especially as I'm going to be trying to get along to the PC drive/get together over at Gaydon/Bicester on the Sunday too.

Don't let me near the Metro. I'm a terribly sentimental sod and dearly miss my old yellow 1981 MiniMetro HLE...

Still don't know what happened to it...vanished off the world it seemed about a month after I sold it. I fear pulled to bits for bits. No rust on it, but they weren't worth anything in 2004... probably was worth more in bits. Let me sit in one and I'll probably wind up getting all emotional...never mind hearing that pinion whine. Noises like that never get old for me. Especially when being belted around a twisty back road.

If I do come along folks are welcome to have a nosey at the Activa if they like. Don't actually have anything on the to do list for that at the moment save for a good clean and a stainless exhaust. Oh, and creaky struts, but they've done that for about the last 12 years apparently.

If I do come along folks are welcome to have a nosey at the Activa if they like. Don't actually have anything on the to do list for that at the moment save for a good clean and a stainless exhaust. Oh, and creaky struts, but they've done that for about the last 12 years apparently.

Two nice Xantias in the FoD - wonderful! :-)

Are you all dead from heat exhaustion yet? So damn tempted to pop over for a bit but I've not got the fuel nor the energy in me now!

In spite of being short handed we tackled four projects, two resulted in failure and two successes.

A BIG thanks to Slowsilver who worked tirelessly all day.

It was 10pm before Mrs6C I got home and yes I am knackered.

Alfa Giulietta was the first thing we tackled with the aim of moving it to a more convenient position to work on it now I have tyres that hold air. One of the front brakes was locked that required the removal of the calliper because even with the pins out the pads would not let go of the disc. Then we found both rears were also locked but they are inboard and having shown Slowsilver what was required on a handy spare rear transaxle we decided that was too big a job for us.

post-4787-0-97729700-1525645361_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-14659900-1525645374_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-62009400-1525645383_thumb.jpg