Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

I have the headlight wiper arms but can't find reasonably prices blades for it.

For SAABs & Volvos, I've bought these whilst in Sweden (I've got two sets here, 58-022 are 160mm, 58-023 190mm) About £6 a pair

https://www.biltema.se/bil---mc/bilreservdelar/torkarutrustning/stralkastartorkarblad/stralkastartorkarblad-2-st-2000019130

Years ago the only place that seemed to stock blades for SAABs was the SAAB dealer, at a daft price. Made by Bosch, so I asked at the local motor factors (Bosch stockist), and they cross-referenced in the (paper) catalogue, at a fraction of the oe price. 2 for less than one from SAAB.

I also used to cut down windscreen wiper blades to fit the old metal fittings.

Guessing that the originals were Bosch? If you know the BMW part number you could try the Bosch Classic site

http://www.bosch-classic.com/en/internet/bosch_classic/technisches_archiv/technisches_archiv_uebersicht.html

or moderns

http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en_GB/

Those blades look the same as the ones fitted to the SIII XJ.

009bc2c4afc0106dbb512b6331b67f42.jpg

The XJ ones are made of the purest unobtanium, so now I know E30 ones are the same I may finally be able to replace mine!

My original plan was to fit Volvo wiper arms as I beleive the splines are the same, they are roughly the right shape for my XJ and most importantly they are cheap!

I still keep looking at MGBs...I want one. Love the look of them, love the noise they make, and love the simplicity of them.

Been a passenger in a bunch but have only ever driven one very briefly once. Husband has a hankering for one too apparently as well.

Anyone want to swap one for a Lada?

Could you not come to an arrangement with SIC; you drive it and he sits at home and frets about it breaking down? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I just slipped into this one……

10 + years ago my friend had a beautiful gold Jaguar S Type3.0 SE and it was agreed with both Mrs6C and the owner when he sold it on I could buy it. The problem was the dealer offered such an inflated price again a used X350 that I couldn’t buy it and I have never forgotten that. Over the years cheap S Types have passed before my eyes, but never quite the right car at the right time.

Careless talk with Bucketeer about Moog winning the Jaguar S Type and the difficulties that brought and I was back to dreaming S Type Jaguars. Then I heard it was going to have to move on and the words just fell out of my mouth “I buy it then”! Fortunately Mood had a change of mind and it was no longer available so I was off the hook.

A little time passed and I was asked if I still wanted it and would like to buy it. Mesmerized by the thought of finally getting an S Type I just said yes. The deal was tired up with a logistical expert but I was never quite sure if one day it would arrive or slip away from me again, today it has finally arrived on my drive.

post-4787-0-97946900-1543922713_thumb.jpg