Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

I had a Mini automatic once just because it was cheap and I couldn't afford a better car!

I was expecting to hate it but thought it was quite good really. I assume it's the same box but I suppose the lack of body weight helped.

Glad to see the VP on its way to being fixed, I was never going to do it!

I am taking the VP to Bognor tomorrow to have a manual gearbox conversion and check over before it returns to the road. My friend who owns the trailer volunteered that I could park the loaded ensemble on his drive overnight as it is the end of cul-de-sac while mine is reversing from a 50 mph road not to far from a blind crest. 

Funny thing since he made the offer he has a viewing on his house this afternoon and made me park the Allegro round the corner until his prospective house buyers have been and gone!

Would have sold the house it that was on the drive :)

Twas just a joke as Chris kept joking mrs six cylinder would be upset :mrgreen: . As if that would be the case where cars are involved. Anyway i got coffee and cakes in exchange 

I like the notion when ever you sell a car to a shiter you give chocolates to their partner to numb there pain! 

post-4787-0-15990300-1549836446_thumb.jpg

I like the notion when ever you sell a car to a shiter you give chocolates to their partner to numb there pain! 

THIS - definitely THIS...…….. (and I'm single!)

Excellent news on the PLAHhhhhh - I didn't know the box could be that bad - a loooong time ago a mate had a similar issue but I informed him it was knackered - Ooops! It went to an Allegro sniffer -so lived on. If he tracks me down I'd hate to think of repaying the cost to him plus interest after all this time!

I like how the waistline sort of harks back to that of the SM:

2e851ad53f703fcae323de2147e60815.png

Those pictures do show the design influences, don't they? What a shame the XM wasn't made as a two door coupe as well... that could have been stunning.

Six-cylinder and I were lucky enough to be able to visit La Conservatoire Citroen in 2010, where this lovely sculpture resides:

post-22262-0-55487300-1549910994_thumb.jpg

post-22262-0-24137800-1549911006_thumb.jpg

post-22262-0-36276000-1549911021_thumb.jpg

Always loved XMs but never had one. Nearly bought one from a local 'car supermarket' type place about 20 years ago, was a done deal until I realised just how much I was being stitched up (not aware of just how little a 4 - 5-year-old XM was worth) and they wanted double for it. I was never bothered about the hydraulics on them having had CXs and was quite used to doing the pipes etc on mine and other peoples, now, not so sure as I can't do shit and paying other  other buggers to half-arse stuff goes aginst the grain.