Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

I love, love, LOVE your E-Type. Can't be many Series 1s running around on white/yellow plates. I love it! 

This is chassis number 60. It has been beautifully restored since this picture was taken, but alas it is back on black plates.

Completely agree over the number plates comment.

Six cylinder's  E Type is simply perfect because it looks just like they all looked when I was growing up.

attachicon.gif$44.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1646211745442453&set=gm.1502027746577937&type=3&theater

This pic just appeared in the Fb group Unloved Classic and Retro cars, I thought there might be a bumper corner, or a washer bottle or something that might be salvageable if you could get the details from the OP.

A front bumper is needed.

30 years ago, I was talking to a guy who used to buy and sell cars. In '73 he bought a 2.8 Sovereign with a buggered engine and back then, XJ's were not in breakers. So he bought a very rough flat floor 3.8 E Type Roadster with a honey of an engine, fitted that (a right faff apparently) and chopped the E Type up with a felling axe. "Yeah, I was doing a house extension at the time so I chucked the E Type bits in the skip and covered it with rubble".

:shock:

I love, love, LOVE your E-Type. Can't be many Series 1s running around on white/yellow plates. I love it! 

This is chassis number 60. It has been beautifully restored since this picture was taken, but alas it is back on black plates.

E-Type-Chassis-No-60-at-CMC-1.jpg

That might be my friends' 3.8 - we were discussing CMC at the NEC (lol) and whilst they've done sterling work, he's not exactly delighted with them as a company.

attachicon.gif$44.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1646211745442453&set=gm.1502027746577937&type=3&theater

This pic just appeared in the Fb group Unloved Classic and Retro cars, I thought there might be a bumper corner, or a washer bottle or something that might be salvageable if you could get the details from the OP.

Thanks for putting this up even if it does look very sad. I can't get into the FB group without joining, where is it?

Just catching up with this - excellent news about your Gamma! And +1 on the E-type being spot on and not over-restored for a change.

A few days ago when the Auto electrician was here this happened to the sky!

Yup, the sky sometimes catches fire when I start tinkering with auto electrics too.

Nothing to claim, the house is for sale so new neighbours on there way!

Persuade the electrician to move in?

We thought it was quite cheap.

No our field of dreams is separate.

Always hard to tell from photos, but is it in need of modernisation? Are you not tempted to buy it, so you can knock through and make for a very large single property?

My current place is detached and I have to admit, having that has spoilt me and I wouldn't consider going semi again. The neighbours are annoying enough as it is, without hearing them banging around.

Always hard to tell from photos, but is it in need of modernisation? Are you not tempted to buy it, so you can knock through and make for a very large single property?

My current place is detached and I have to admit, having that has spoilt me and I wouldn't consider going semi again. The neighbours are annoying enough as it is, without hearing them banging around.

It is pretty good maybe decoration.

Adding to my house just does not stack up.