'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

Aye, as has been said it doesn't make much difference if it was last on the road in 1972 or 1979. Good source of MGC-specific spares.

Wonder why the new guy went to the trouble of posting a new ad on Ebay.

7MylAaK.jpg

"My name is Michael Paine. I am your nosey neighbour.

Now see that MGC, right, this guy says it was crashed in 1972, right, and taken off the road.

Yet, I have here in my diary that on Sunday September 30th 1979 I was walking my dog and noticed this guy's road tax was due at midnight. So, that means, right, that this car was still being used, right, on the Queen's Highway a whole seven years after . . . . z z z z z".

Aye, as has been said it doesn't make much difference if it was last on the road in 1972 or 1979. Good source of MGC-specific spares.

Wonder why the new guy went to the trouble of posting a new ad on Ebay.

7MylAaK.jpg

"My name is Michael Paine. I am your nosey neighbour.

Now see that MGC, right, this guy says it was crashed in 1972, right, and taken off the road.

Yet, I have here in my diary that on Sunday September 30th 1979 I was walking my dog and noticed this guy's road tax was due at midnight. So, that means, right, that this car was still being used, right, on the Queen's Highway a whole seven years after . . . . z z z z z".

Does it help I read that in his voice?

New one on me that. Never knew 3000cc straight 6 mg existed... quick Google reveals Prince Charles had one you know... which he gave to Prince William.

Mediocre boat anchor which served mainly to emphasise how much better the V8 was, even with the raised ride height the Buick GT probably handled better. Inexplicably valuable though, so worth throwing the surviving parts at a Heritage shell.

Thinking about it, MGCs go for like £20k+ for a minter. Full brand new MGB Shells are £10k. Grab one of them, get that wrotten MGC for £1.5k, send the engine off for a rebuild and buy a cheap MGB for scavenging parts from.

Volia, a mint MGC. Not totally ridiculous.

Mediocre boat anchor which served mainly to emphasise how much better the V8 was, even with the raised ride height the Buick GT probably handled better. Inexplicably valuable though, so worth throwing the surviving parts at a Heritage shell.

The problem with the MGC was that the 240Z and Capri 3000 arrived shortly after. The C Series  was a decent engine in 1958. In 1967, not quite so sparkling.

If the Buick V8 is lighter than the C's boat anchor, it would be less prone to understeer, not that any of that range actually handled that well in the first place. Put that running gear in a Sherpa camper, and stick MG badges on & turn up at an MGOC meet to wind the stuff shirt beardies up

That engine was only fitted to these and Austin 3-litres.Maybe an MG grille & badge on one of those.Tweedy cardiac would ensue.

I'll get me coat.

It certainly would, although the idea* had been approached before.  

ado17mg_01.jpg

Imagine that as well... The MG 3-Litre, Downton-tuned, on ROstyles, complete with 'Safety Fast' stickers 

Image though if they had actually fitted the OHC E-series Six ,as originally planned.  Lighter engine than the B-series Four as well. MGC road tests all bemoaned the handling spoiled by the big C six.

The bonnet bulge necessary to squeeze an E under there would put an Iso Grifo or an injection AM DBS V8 to shame; Lord Flashhart's codpiece would be modestly proportioned by comparison.

The bonnet bulge necessary to squeeze an E under there 

Don't forget it would be end-on gearbox though, as seen in Marina 2600.  The sump-mounted oil filter was also moved to the left-hand side of the block on those.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simca-1000-race-project-brave-restoration/292576780474

s-l1600.jpg

You are looking at a Simca 1000 race car or restoration project.

No, I'm looking at something only a totally deranged dinglebrain could possibly not have weighed in ages ago.

please do not bid if you don't want it.

No worries there, m8.

Would be right at home in the 'bargains' thread as well, this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-356-1962-Super-90-Black-red/222993188441
s-l1600.jpg

Black with red interior Barn find.

Hint: It's a grey with no interior pallet find if you are not deranged.

Sold new In Gramling Karlsruhe Germany 1961-12-28 to Mr Siegfried W..Baer.

Excellent. When can I meet him?

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Is this in the Autoshite Lexicon yet? Without fail it means it's fucked.

These are one of the most sought-after cars if you don't have the $$$ for a Cab or Speedster.

If you don't have the $$$ for a Porsche, you probably should consider Peugeot ownership?

CAR - unmolested

What a fucking joker!

The car comes with clear USA title along and import tax and VAT is paid in EU.

Someone must have had more money than braincells.

I purchased this car quite some time back but current projects will not allow me to complete this great collector car

You mean you have since realised fucked to what degree it really is?

the car is located close to Vienna Austria.

I always knew that that's where Lalaland begins. But you sure have seen Kangaroos there.

And now for the best part. Guess how much that comedian wants for this pile of scrap.

Yep, you guessed correctly:

£16,000.00

Look at this clown.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-500-1972-shorty-convertible-restoration-project-spares-or-repair-barn-find/232785361539

s-l1600.jpg

shorty convertible restoration project spares or repair barn find

It's not a single thing of all this.

Greek documents and number plates

If it's a ringing kit, then why don't you just say so?.

But now comes the gag of the century:

appears to be complete