Fiat Stilo for sale. Don't all rush at once.

wuvvum

Yet another car that I quite like but have no real use for, and as the fleet is somewhat out of control at the moment it's up for sale.

It's a 1.2 Active, so should be cheap to insure etc.  It's a rather small engine for a car this size, but it's helped by a 6-speed gearbox and goes adequately well if you're not afraid to rev it.  Fuel economy doesn't seem too bad either, although the car isn't particularly high geared.

It has electric front windows, remote locking, a trip computer, speed limiter and a city button for the power steering.  It's not a bad thing to drive really - perhaps not as light on its feet as the old Brava / Bravo, but it clings on well enough and feels quite solid on the road.  The quality of the switchgear seems a bit of a step up from older Fiats too.  The throttle is quite hyper-sensitive near the top of its travel, which makes it feel lively but takes a bit of getting used to if, like me, you're used to laggy old diesels - I inadvertantly wheelspan it out of a couple of junctions when I first bought it, although I've got the hang of it now...

It has a number of issues, none of which is life-threatening.  Here's a list:

-The rocker switch for the driver's electric window is missing, so you have to push directly on the switches underneath.  Works fine though.  The passenger window switch on the driver's door doesn't work, so you have to lean over to the passenger side to open it.

-Some of the wires on the heated rear window don't work.

-It seems to run a little cool, although the heater works adequately well.

-One of the front foglights is out - presumably a bulb, I don't use them so haven't investigated.

-The volume control on the stereo doesn't work.  Well it does, but it only changes between 8 and 9.  Fortunately this happens to be quite a comfortable listening volume.

-The fuel filler flap hinge is broken.  It stays on OK but you have to take it off to fill up and then refit it afterwards.

-The left indicator doesn't like to stay on without the stalk being held.

-The driver's seat has a fag burn in the cushion.

-It has a key scratch on the bonnet.

That's about it as far as I can recall.  It's MOT'd until December, and has done about 147K miles.  I don't have any history with it - in fact I don't have any paperwork at all apart from the V5.  Not even the MOT certificate, although those aren't really needed for anything any more.

Here's some pictures (yes, it does need a wash):

post-190-0-76438600-1423258171_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-51691600-1423258194_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-97945500-1423258210_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-91422400-1423258230_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-82924000-1423258248_thumb.jpg

Price: £350.  Location: NE Norfolk.

Can I express interest in this please. Seems ideal for the daughter to potter about in after a little fettling. it's a step up from her matiz and will keep her going for a while.

Checked trains to cromer area, that's the nearest station to NE Norfolk I could find and seems like a 6 hour or so trek from hampshire. maybe they've reintroduced steam!