2000 'X' Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 Auto

JohnK

X reg Omega V6 Auto

127k miles

I've got it in for MOT this week so will have 12 months ticket.

Bought this back in 2010 and it's been utterly reliable every since, it's just not doing much these days so no point it sitting around.

Starts first time and runs well, auto box is fine (had a recon box fitted in 2009). Suspension/steering/braking all fine.

Bodywork - has a couple of bumps and scrapes nothing major.

Interior - in good condition, could do with a good valet if you're into that kind of thing.

Work I've done during my ownership to keep it roadworthy:

- New aux belt, timing belt and water pump (Jan 2011)

- front to rear brake lanes both sides (Nov 2012)

- both inner sills (rear) and front subframe mountings welded for MOT (Nov 2013) - I did a proper job on this as it had been done before to a crap standard

- both front balljoints replaced (Jan 2014)

It's also had tyres etc and they all have really good tread.

It's just generally a reliable old bus, it's a bit thirsty but liveable.

The price?

I will take £400 Ono for it. I will get better pics this week, for now have this one (currently in process of having it transferred back to it's X plate).

Located in Tessside.

omega2011.jpg

Jackytwoshoes - yes there were 3.0 V6's in these as well as 2.6 and 3.2 in later ones.

Brookjm - it's a good car for somebody. It didn't need loads no, just starting to go scabby. It was used relentlessly during the horrendous winter we had here in 2010/2011 which is what I think killed off the back end of the sills (no mud flaps, RWD and spinning grit filled snow). All solid now though.

Forgot to mention it had a new backbox fitted in August last year and at the same time was fully services. I think it's done about 1500 miles since, if that!

• 2 weeks later...

No worries mate.

Got a few more pics his afternoon anyway. The black mark on the n/s front bumper corner had now been removed with a bit of elbow grease. These pics were pre- wash.

It's in for MoT retest tomorrow now I've sorted a couple of bits...

4E2E06EB-F7BC-46A6-8A91-B50A656D8F92_zps

B2CFDB7E-F248-45B8-8148-EAB738CE18CB_zps

8DE6E8D7-E970-4535-A29E-BE398F920629_zps

8251D933-BE22-4B91-B5F6-82D9C4C1A065_zps

3484B1CF-2B0F-4653-814E-385D5ABD4804_zps

Just to add as well, it's had new discs & pads on the front and a full brake fluid change to get it through it's MOT (spongy brakes were a fail but also advised on pitted & worn discs). It cost me £70 in parts, so I'm probably underselling the car but it needs to move now as I need the space.

It's now back on it's X plate - hit me with an offer before I end up selling something else and keeping it!

If the 406 decides to fail its MoT big-time (read: expensively) tomorrow I'd probably be interested as I fancy another big-engined barge (esp.at the price) but you are at the opposite end of the country to me sadly.

GLWTS anyway, someone's going to be a lucky sod.

If the 406 decides to fail its MoT big-time (read: expensively) tomorrow I'd probably be interested as I fancy another big-engined barge (esp.at the price) but you are at the opposite end of the country to me sadly.

GLWTS anyway, someone's going to be a lucky sod.

Four words you can read in an 'I'm interested' that only ever equal 'I'm never going to buy this car' lol.

• 4 weeks later...