Rusty Old Rubbish, a shite blog (11 Nov - put it in H!)

quicksilver

I'm really not finding as much time as I'd like to write blogs this year. At long last there's a new unsung hero: the Rover 600, featuring an appearance by our very own Angrydicky's car. Probably a few other interesting things I forgot to notify you about too.

Totally with you on this forgotten hero. I've decided that I need to shoehorn a 600 in to my fleet long before a 75, simply because they're all just vanishing into dust.

I have my feelers out for a bit of a 'special one' at present, and I'm hoping the current owner comes through and decides to sell (although they're umming and aahing a little at the moment, not at all unsurprisingly)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm feeling a little like that, but probably would still go for the "special one" (620ti) or an L-series. I'm determined to get one.

Mind you one duff Honda injun does not necessarily rule out other possibilities (he said cryptically)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's cold, dark and miserable and the show season seems like it was so long ago. What else is there to do but look back at the events I've been to and pick some of my favourites from the cars I've seen? I've started with the Chevrons Rally, where there was plenty to interest fans of air-cooling, LHM, Diravi and other strange French things.

• 3 months later...

You could be forgiven for thinking I had abandoned this blog but in truth there really hasn't been anything of interest to write about so far this year. That's now changed after a morning of Model T Fords (plus some bonus hot Italian action!)

• 3 months later...

At long last there's new content, hopefully the first of more regular articles now I have more free time. It's the Silver Aero, a unique Vauxhall that's not shit and unexpectedly turned up at a small village show last month: https://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-silver-aero.html 

I am sure I've seen that before.  It kind of makes me think that they got carried away polishing a turd *

*not that a mk1 cavalier / Manta  is a turd

** and I used to have a mk2 Cavalier CalibrE and if the irmcher kit on that it's polishing a turd I don't know what is. 

Funny you should mention the Cavalier Calibre as there's a well-known red one (E30 FTL) that must live somewhere local and I've seen it about 5 times over the last couple of months. I agree about the turd polishing as it came out of the factory looking like a Barryboys special with a bodykit that does it no favours.

21 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Funny you should mention the Cavalier Calibre as there's a well-known red one (E30 FTL) that must live somewhere local and I've seen it about 5 times over the last couple of months. I agree about the turd polishing as it came out of the factory looking like a Barryboys special with a bodykit that does it no favours.

I wish I hadn't sold mine to "rabbit" but with blown up engine, and 6 months of previous unreliability, I just wanted rid.  Not realising how rare it was to become.

Hooray for more free time! It's only been a few days but I have something else new to share. Everyone goes on about the Alfa Romeo Arna being one of the worst cars in history but its twin sister the Nissan Cherry Europe is even more bizarre. It doesn't get anywhere near as much attention though so to redress the balance I've profiled it as one of my Motoring Misfits.

Looking at HML while researching this article, I was surprised to see Ratdat no longer has the only taxed Cherry Europe GTI. The one on SORN is presumably his spares car but there are now two taxed - I can't believe the return of such a rare car to the road would have gone unnoticed so has anyone seen this second one?

More new stuff. FOTU may have been over a week ago but it was so overwhelmingly amazing that I'm still going through the hundreds of photos I took. I intend to break my coverage into several parts and here's the first, my top ten favourites from the concours. It was a very difficult choice so what do you think of my selections?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

With all the recent talk of kit cars, I felt that Cheetah Cars' dreadful malformed lumps of fibreglass were worthy additions to the motoring misfits series and far worse than any of the usual stereotypical candidates for 'worst car ever'. 

haha when I saw the thread show up I immediately thought "ah this shite is perfect for quicksilvers blog"

happy to see that is the case :) 

21 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

haha when I saw the thread show up I immediately thought "ah this shite is perfect for quicksilvers blog"

happy to see that is the case :) 

You know me well :) I was so captivated by their utter hopelessness I had to write about them, if only to prove the usual 'worst cars ever' were actually pretty good in comparison. The Cheetah range seemed to have no redeeming features whatsoever and most were so awful literally nobody bought one. Weapons-grade shite.

• 1 month later...

haha that was a very amusing read :) (although you might want to put a disclaimer that its just a fun made up story or such, because I can very much see someone thinking that story is true!)

The raised rear light sections were enlarged into tail fins,

mobile_back1.jpg

(I do sadly belive its a real Model 70 but what happened to it I don't know sadly)

http://georginastarr.com/getaway.php