Old Swiss fire truck info?

Bucketeer

I came across this during one of my regular browses through the Bulgarian classifieds. It's a Geser 4x4 ex fire truck.

I've trawled through the internet searching for any information I can on these, but came up mostly dry. Someone spotted a similar one in 2010 on something called Hank's Truck Forum and there are a couple of pictures on a Swiss fire engine site but that's about all the information I can find. From the pictures I can see that it has the 3.8 six cylinder Jeep Tornado 230 engine and was a fire engine in the Zunzgen region of Switzerland..

I've e-mailed the owner but he knows no more about it than I do. I have however agreed to go and see it in person whenever I can get over to Sofia. I don't have the money for it but I'm already considering returning to the UK for a month or so to earn enough to make it mine.

I am truly in love. It would be perfect as a mobile home for my travels.

It even appears to have 'Bucket 1' stenciled on the front, so it almost literally has my name on it. I've already been having dreams of this being the first member of a shitey Thunderbirds style fleet (Bucket 2 would be a ZIL 130 truck and Bucket 3 would be a beige VAZ 2102).

Anyway, if anybody knows ANYTHING more about these then please please please gen me up.

Here are all the images from the advert for it (described as a UAZ 469 which it is definitely not).

21421833375327238_1.jpeg

21421833375327238_2.jpeg

21421833375327238_3.jpeg

21421833375327238_5.jpeg

21421833375327238_4.jpeg

21421833375327238_6.jpeg

http://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=2&act=4&adv=21421833375327238&slink=8nlwhg

Going by the axles, it looks like it is built on the Jeep FC-170 chassis (FC = forward control).

However, the FC was not available with the Tornado engine in North America, since FC production there ceased before the Tornado was launched.

So it could be based on the Spanish VIASA FC Chassis.

However, all this is more educated guessing than anything else.

This is the original FC-170:

18s4276bt1lgtjpg.jpg

This is the Spanish VIASA, built long after the US FCs were relegated to history, and grade A shite in their own right:

Spain-JeepSV.jpg

Ta very much both, there's some useful info there and some great links too thanks pshome.

It is a lot of money but the old adage 'it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it' rings true here for me.
It's rare and (to me) it's mega cool and is sure* to only go up in value due to Old Skool Fire Engine Tax.
I always check the UAZ 452's for sale as they were my previous dream travel chariot and even the ropiest ones are going for not that much less than Bucket 1.

I knew it was a long shot that someone would have some info on Gesers but there's so much obscure knowledge on this site that I had faith someone would know something.

I'm hoping I can strike some sort of deal on it when I go and see it, maybe pay a deposit and then the balance a few weeks later, providing everything looks good and the vendor is willing.

Does anyone know much about the Jeep Tornado engines? I presume they're pretty simple things and I just need to check the usual shizz.

I'm getting stupidly excited already. A mattress in the back, park it up amongst beautiful scenery, open the roller shutters either side and then I would be in absolute bloody heaven.

I'm sure there will be many flies in the ointment but in my head I am already cruising through Russia in Bucket 1.

• 3 months later...
Guest paul.k

I am owner of an Geser 4x4 but the version based on a Ford F-250.

http://www.firelander.com

So I cant help with questions specific to the jeep version of Geser 4x4

Spareparts you will have to search in the US since motor, gearbox and chassis are original jeep or ford. Geser only build the body, windows, doors and electric… things that you can replace without the need of original parts from Geser. They dont have any parts anymore.