Anyone want a Vel Shatis?

wuvvum

post-5127-14218788396298_thumb.jpg

This was my last dV6 which left the fleet in August every time it had to do the A road hill up to my yard. The woman would speak and tell me to stop immediately as the engine was overheating! It's coolant system had been flushed countless times and it was still losing water from somewhere, and never predictably blowing hot air or showing signs of OMGHGF. I really should've kept it for SWMBO seeing as she doesn't know what an accelerator is.... It would have time to build itself another engine before hitting overheating speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm......... After reading various threads all saying very similar I'd be looking at the water

pump......or the feed to it..............bottom hose collapsing when hot.....that would cause the

pump to make air and put pressure in the system looking like HGF. Taking foot off the

gas reduces pump speed / demand and flow is restored. Just a thought.

I've just fired the old crate up and let it run up to temperature to put some charge in the battery, while I pissed about fitting new wiper blades to the Stilo.  Coolant appeared to be circulating as expected, and no sign of any leakage, which is good.

I don't know if it could be a waterpump issue - unfortunately the pump isn't particularly accessible without taking bits of car off, but I couldn't see any sign of collapsed / collapsing hoses.  From what I can work out from the Renault fora it's basically just a poorly designed system.  I reckon it might well be improved by fitting a decent electric water pump in series with the engine driven one, but that's a bit further than I want to try and go really - needs someone with more fettling / bodging experience than me.

Oh, forgot to mention it's got one of those Parrot bluetooth phone thingies in it.  I've never used it, but assume it works - it all lights up OK anyway.