Autoshite bike Rover 220sli £sold

HMC

Wow, that must have been some trip Hairnet!

That bridge pic is of Kylesku Bridge, on the A894 which spans Loch a' Chairn Bhain in  western Sutherland. It was a great spot, and I had it to myself. I climbed up onto a rocky ridge and took that pic, and this one which is the view further to the right looking out westward...

post-4673-0-47204400-1429816797_thumb.jpg

That brilliant trip was a fitting end to owing the AS bike Rover 220sli. Recent new and forthcoming additions to the brookjm family household mean its time to reduce fleet numbers. This has been a great car. Its been totally reliable and fun to tool about in. Folk often say they'd be confident to drive anywhere in a car but I really did, covering nigh on 2000 miles in it in the last week. Its had recent front tyres, rad, waterpump, front discs and pads and drives well. Theres maybe a little transmisison shunt at low speeds if i'm critical. The body looks great from 10 paces but up close all 4 arches have a bit of bubbling to the lips, and theres a couple of locallised aerosol repairs, but the beauty of white is that it doesnt stand out. MOT runs to november. Located in Tavistock, Devon. In the AS bike spirit 270 is what I paid robt for the car.

You know when you read all that old flannel on ebay 'The car was purchased new by Doctor Knobcobbler, who drove it the newsagent to buy the Daily Hate etc' well this and the Autoshite story and travels behind it knock it all into a cocked hat.

That's proper interesting history right there.

The history file ive got is quite comprehensive. Full paper history till mr B. At this point onwards I got a bit OCD any happenings on this or the blue forum have been printed off and put into a literally crammed lever arch file. Quite a read!