Stunning 1984 Daihatsu Charade for sale

Junkman

Junkman needs some credit for the effort he's put into this car. The head gasket job was done to a high standard, including changing the timing belt, and he did attempt to find an enthusiast home for the car which I assume this radiator incident has scuppered. 

Don't let him do the car down too much. It drives nicely, and the bodywork is good. Fix the cooling system properly and it'll probably go on forever.

Well, that's what bothers me. £400 to an enthusiast 'or I'll bridge it.' I know we all get irritated with our old heaps (notably me with the XM recently) but these are the sorts of things we have to contend with at the cheaper end of motoring.

Doesn't mean a car's available for bridge money, though.

JM needs some money back for it without mither. If you can't be arsed wading through the 'umms, arrs and maybes' (and sheer fickleness) of the market at this price point, I'd bridge a car too. That way, it's done, over with and out of your life (and not taking up space on the drive).

Had sporty_shite not intervened and bought my 480ES, I'd have sent that frag-side. Life intervened and I couldn't be bothered getting the dick-around from people who were never going to buy it but would whinge if I didn't offer it out to all and sundry.

It very much depends how much tolerance you have for a given vehicle. JM never got on with that Charade, so I'm guessing he wants rid ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hesitating mostly because my first one left a trail of blue smoke wherever it went.  Eventually it proved terminal and I swapped it for a Princess cylinder head (my black 2.0 had snapped its belt, with consequent valve deformation).

And just because I can, here's the offending beast, in 1989...

post-4559-0-70586100-1422305738_thumb.jpg

Trouble is, the rose-tinted bit of my memory says it was a barrel of fun and that 993 is a cracking little thing to sit behind, with a positively joyous ripping note to it.  And the one in question is both red and automatic.  Dammit...

And cheap...

Not too far away...

Wearing enough MoT for a season of shows...

There's always the spectre of MrsR though, holding me back!  If I lived on my own nobody else would be able to park in this street!

I'm hesitating mostly because my first one left a trail of blue smoke wherever it went.  Eventually it proved terminal and I swapped it for a Princess cylinder head (my black 2.0 had snapped its belt, with consequent valve deformation).

And just because I can, here's the offending beast, in 1989...

attachicon.gifCharade.jpg

Trouble is, the rose-tinted bit of my memory says it was a barrel of fun and that 993 is a cracking little thing to sit behind, with a positively joyous ripping note to it.  And the one in question is both red and automatic.  Dammit...

And cheap...

Not too far away...

Wearing enough MoT for a season of shows...

There's always the spectre of MrsR though, holding me back!  If I lived on my own nobody else would be able to park in this street!

Eddie, get it done. Bung a tin of good quality engine flush through it to free that sticky ring, and then WIN AT LIFE!!

If Mrs R questions your judgement, use the economy card. You're saving money, and thus should be rewarded.