Stunning 1984 Daihatsu Charade for sale

Junkman

Could anyone out there please rid me of that miserable piece of shit?

It's in Stockport, and it's your problem for £400.

I wouldn't drive it across my front garden, but it might actually arrive where you want to take it. I know not. Worse. I don't give a shit.

Of all Japanese rubbish I owned in my life, which is three so far, this is the most misearable and ungreateful one, i.e. total shite.

Everyone is going on about the virtues of Japanesish cars. Do NOT believe a word of it. They are inferior tat, made of a mixture of toilet paper and wank.

Japan is in the middle of Asia, so is China. The un-original shiny shit is just the same.

I say it here, and I say it loud, there will not be the day, when I will fall for that kind of totally inept and inferior hateful rubbish ever again.

Bought a while ago. Next thing was OMGHGF. This has been lovingly fixed, but now it threw the radiator, and frankly, I can't be arsed anymore.

My loss, your gain, if you subscribe to propaganda. It's going to be worse, no doubt.

If you want a car, that has absolutely no redeeming features other than that you can't get spares for it, this is the car for you.

I'm done with it.

Buy it, if you want to make your life miserable.

If there are no takers, I'm looking forward to have it bridged.

I had no idea that I would ever write this sentence.

Should you think you have half a brain, do the only reasonable thing. Avoid it and go and buy a Rover.

You know mine has been unfailingly reliable, right?

Every other Japanese car I've had has been mechanically spot on, even if the bodywork has crumbled around it.

Yes, this car hasn't worked out for you but to say all Japanese cars are crap based on one bad experience is a bit unfair. My uncle had a string of P6s in the late 'Seventies that munched autoboxes and rusted into sieves at only a few years old, but I don't regard Rovers badly.

It's not a Peugeot 405, Chrysler Imperial or a histrionic Rover P6. Therefore not Junkman's 'ting'.

Below is what it looks like. It's a deep metallic red rather than the solid red some photos made it out to be.

Here are some pictures of it near Praa Sands in Cornwall, where I picked it up from.

It's a 'high-roof', which adds an inch of headroom (or thereabouts) and gives you a factory fitted electric sunroof.

uKkL9Bk.jpg

c47w3i3.jpg

LelSisW.jpg

6x4XCFd.jpg

YPQDVlz.jpg

It has a two-speed semi auto known as the Daimatic. Leave it in top to be outdragged by tectonic drift, or shift between low and D for extra slushmatic enjoyment.

b2T17je.jpg

Electric tilt and slide sunroof.

Dented scuttle and slight blebbing of rear arches aside, this is a nice G11 if that's your thing.

Like my car, it's a 993cc CB22 50bhp three pot, which means surprisingly decent performance until the moon shot ratios of the gearbox intervene.

It looks a nice little thing, I couldn't put up with a 2-speed auto on a 1-litre engine though. To be fair to manjunk he has embraced Japanese shite before in the form of that Mitsubishi thing so I think has amply demonstrated his japshite inclusivity policy.

This is my point - he sung the praises of the Mitsubishi he bought (which is still getting Conrad around without issue, incidentally).

Well, that's what bothers me. £400 to an enthusiast 'or I'll bridge it.' I know we all get irritated with our old heaps (notably me with the XM recently) but these are the sorts of things we have to contend with at the cheaper end of motoring.

I disagree with everything you just wrote, but I will defend your freedom to write it to the death.