Rover 220SLi £300

RobT

Mmm, might do....got further details Mo, or a thread link?

I've just been out in this to swap garages with the Corsa, and I heart this car. But time to try other stuff. The drivers seat now creaks like an old bed just to add to the charm. It has a few other random noises here and there but it's an old car innit, nothing to worry about.

Mmm, might do....got further details Mo, or a thread link?

This...

5290008.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C552102

You're a friend Rob, so I really wouldn't recommend buying this car unless you like are willing get your hands dirty, like a bit of paint spraying and "Vulgalouring" the interior. You'll also need a bit of knowledge of electrics.

I just want the thing gone, I wouldn't mind swapping it against something else, but I really need the money as I'm never going to get Lady_Sterling over here.

RobT has the Vulgalour Stamp of Approval for no fuss car sales and high quality motor vehicles!  If the Corsa is anything to go by, you won't even have to clean the Rover and it's a billy bargain at the asking price.  Not only that, he knows how to make a decent cuppa.

Can it keep water actually outside?

I think so, haven't checked the spare wheel well for a while but I can't hear any sloshing about.

It's strange but I've suddenly reached a point where my time is done with the old girl, not the cars fault as it's GR12, just me being a fickle sod.  I really need to knuckle down and keep stuff longer!

I think so, haven't checked the spare wheel well for a while but I can't hear any sloshing about.

It's strange but I've suddenly reached a point where my time is done with the old girl, not the cars fault as it's GR12, just me being a fickle sod.  I really need to knuckle down and keep stuff longer!

Oh, I'm entirely familiar with that feeling! Sometimes cars leave me in disgrace or sadness (Range Rover, Daihatsu Sirion), other times, I just find our time together is over (Saab 9000, any BX after a few months).

The rear light seals did sometimes let a little bit of water in given the chance but that's easily sorted, KJ had an excellent (and free) fix using neat cutouts from an old camping roll to replace the original seals which apparently worked very well.  The boot never got more than ever so slightly damp when I had it though, never enough to be any sort of issue.

It's ridiculously cheap for such a great car, someone is going to get an absolute bargain.

NOW SOLD, to a seasoned West Country shiter. I'll be delivering it for him this weekend which is a day out from the smoke for me, and expenses have been paid upfront so I'm looking forward to it. I've got the stupid idea of buying some more tat for the homeward leg, but should probably stick to the train!

And no, it's not Phil...

Fantastic!!! I must say I'm impressed that its made it this far, must be a good 5 years since I bought it and it was only a £250 banger then!!!! Phil_lips has been instrumental in keeping it alive as he spent decent money getting the screen surround fixed which I think was its most serious problem.