FOR SALE - Citroen XM -£250

Station

I'm selling my XM
Unfortunately a wiring problem has occurred - indicators, wipers, and electric windows have gone. This is all down to fuse 9. Have had a look all day at the wiring, can't find any burnt wiring, but think it might be the fuse box (which is easily removable) or the ignition switch. I've wired in a live to fuse 9 and everything starts working, but it's a bodge and would rather have it working as I bought it for long distance travelling. It's your choice if you drive it, but I wouldn't.
it has new spheres in 2010, head gasket, pump etc done. Top mounts look fine. I'll have to scrap it as it's far too big to keep parked up in my garage so needs to go pretty soon. Been honest as I can, I'm not going to strip parts as I don't have time and I'm no longer messing round with fixing cars.

A short term replacement? Unless you only have straight roads with no junctions and it never rains where you live, you should be fine. ;)

16019140407_018f66b3dd_h.jpg

Battery appears to be getting charged up:

15582539634_90889727b1_h.jpg

Just to answer a few questions - the car has two keys, one has been cut badly (it's a copy) and only fits the ignition switch, the other fits the passenger door and ignition switch and alarm switch under the bonnet. It typically broke the second time I used it, but can still be used to lock the car (central locking) with A PAIR OF PLIERS (class). I was going to weld a washer onto the end, but the key appears to be brass or copper (non magnetic). You can buy new locks off ebay for 30 - 50 pounds.

I won't drive to the end of the country to deliver it to you.

You won't get lucky and replace a fuse and everything will work again, I've checked all this.

The car is located on the Wirral. :)

It has to be the sensor grounding surely? The thermo switch goes straight to the cooling fan and then to ground and splices into the dash light and diagnostic plug.

The ignition switch is buggered, I read they go on loads of Citroens, I bought a switch off a Xantia with locks, but I think that's gone as well.

It controls the fan and cooling warnings. And it's French electrical with the usual outcomes. I think it's somewhere passenger side front inside so if your insides were getting wet then it could have been affected.

I ran across this when BX was giving false hot readings earlier last year and I was randomly googling for answers.

French car forum I think.

• 1 month later...

No, I had the intermittent fan-on thing, ^DW^ had that. It stopped doing the fan when I got it back on the road - I remember it used to stay on for a bit switching the car off; I'd forgotten all about that. Has been faultless since then, it even goes up and down using the lever! :)