Two, yes, two Citroen XM diesels with manual boxes

messerschmitt owner

I'd fucking love to but I'm in too deep with the ZX, so she's all yours! Having seen both in the flesh, their both gr9, the cosmetic bits really aren't that bad, you could happily ignore them and not notice at all, just enjoy the ride!

The height corrector was stiff on R267 when I got it, and once I got used to nudging it up to 'intermediate' rather than 'normal' to raise it up, then back to normal it was fine. Didn't drop whilst driving at all. For a quick fix, load somethign REALLY heavy in it (washing machine, 30 breeze blocks etc) and do some citrobatics. Mine was much better after some heavy weight in it. Do have it up on ramps when plusgassing/greasing the linkage though, you could manipulate it with your hands and down she goes, and you'll go pop before it stops...

Lovely hooning roads around campbells too, had great fun leaving, soon learnt about vsx fuel economy* though, om nom nom

Station of this Parish is coming on the train at 5.30 for the white hatch.

The blue estate is being an awkward bugger and giving me a hydraulic pressure warning and refusing to lift - it's been five months since she moved so I am guessing something is sticking somewhere (as there's no green blood peeing out anywhere, and she's been up and down twice today but it's intermittent. Haven't gone mad checking anything as it's brrrrrr and I want to move her to next to the garage for any mechanicking  

Of course, no hydraulic pressure means no suspension, steering or brakes - so not a major issue anyway.

M932 is away up the A49 and A5 - and with the hydraulic issue, N Wibble isn't going anywhere just yet. Am trying to work out if I'd rather send her to the garage and get her MoT'd and hydraulics sorted and then use her. Or perhaps a rustier than rusty week-old E300D is calling me ....

It's an SX. Buttons are only notable by their lack of them! Which suits me just fine. Will be watching for XM progress with interest.

I liked the SX - simple, reliable, rugged and sod all unnecesary crap! - am genuinely sad to see it go after almost five years

Yes was a pleasant drive home, belt was squealing a bit (looks extremely easy to adjust alternator), but thought headlights were a bit crap. That's because the back end was on the floor while front was pointing in the air! Lol

Just to prove how magicy carpety these are I showed my mate over a speed hump 'you won't feel anything over this' said I as it scraped the entire underside on the top of the hump. 'See?' I disheartenedly replied.

Will give it a wash/Hoover and sort the height thing and replace the alt belt today.

Thanks Campbell for collection etc and everything!

Yes was a pleasant drive home, belt was squealing a bit (looks extremely easy to adjust alternator), but thought headlights were a bit crap. That's because the back end was on the floor while front was pointing in the air! Lol

Just to prove how magicy carpety these are I showed my mate over a speed hump 'you won't feel anything over this' said I as it scraped the entire underside on the top of the hump. 'See?' I disheartenedly replied.

The headlights (at least the dipped beams) ARE crap! Once that height adjuster's fixed you'll really be going over speed humps like they're not there-I do that trick all the time! 

yep - if the back end drops or doesn't go up - shove it up to the intermediate setting as you're driving and that pushes her back up.

The spheres were all changed when I got her - so about 4.5 years - genuine Citroen on the rear and AEP on the front and accumulator.

Once she sits up properly, the suspension is a dream.

yep - if the back end drops or doesn't go up - shove it up to the intermediate setting as you're driving and that pushes her back up.

The spheres were all changed when I got her - so about 4.5 years - genuine Citroen on the rear and AEP on the front and accumulator.

Once she sits up properly, the suspension is a dream.

One more thing - which one is the intermediate setting? :D

Also - how do you lock the car! The key seems to spin around in the barrel, I've had the driver's one out - there's a little plastic lever nub thing which should turn, but the innards don't seem to connect to in. :)

wot r the deetales M8?

It's really nice to be fair to it, driveshaft clicks on full lock and spring clonks over bumps. My mate is using it while the Nippa gets a new exhaust and then I can MOT it (her car). Astra is MOT'd until August 2015, and taxed until March or something. I've just replaced the door window mechanisms and speakers. It comes on standard Astra 13 or 14 steels and an old JVC stereo (people always bin the standard stereo whenever I sell it to them anyway).