Two, yes, two Citroen XM diesels with manual boxes

messerschmitt owner

For Sale

Citroen XM 2.1TD manual VSX estate

Blue diesel estate, with Bosch pump, leather electric seats and manual gearbox.  Dark blue and in overall reasonable condition. Will require some welding (a patch) on nearside sill but otherwise solid. New windscreen fitted December 2013, MoT’d then and driven some 300 miles since MoT and not used since. Started up semi regularly and will start quickly and rise up to operating height. No known suspension issues.

Car is unregistered and not in my name. Imported from another part of the UK (Northern Ireland) with a different DVLA regime and a nightmare for me to ‘visit my local DVLA office’ which they shut with passport, insurance, MoT etc – none of which I would send through the post to them. 

At 140k, new headgasket, clutch, timing belt, etc. fitted -  all major cost items.  Car is on around 172k miles.

Good bits are strong engine, tidy bodyshell, Bosch pump, which means it runs veg – about 30-50% works for me – and a manual gearbox for extra economy – 40+ on a run at high speed, 50+ at 60mph. Central locking works from the fob and. She will either be sitting on alloys or steels depending on price. Has a rare estate leather interior in good condition. Good strut tops.

Bad bits – unregistered, see above, lacquer peel on roof, small dent on bonnet when a roof tile fell off the roof in a storm, hitting it. Sunroof does not work – replacement cassette supplied, mark to paint on nearside rear.  Serviced about 1000 miles before going off road.  Will likely need a new battery sooner rather than later.

Price £475 with alloys, £400 on steel wheels with XM Mk2 wheeltrims.

Citroen XM SX  2.1TD manual hatchback

White XM SX hatchback with cloth interior. MoT’d till end June 2015 and Sorned from December 2014. 157k miles, new headgasket at 106,000 with timing belt kit fitted then too (72,000 mile kit).

Good bits – MoT’d and runs superbly. Strong and willing engine. Tidy cloth interior which is supremely comfortable.  Towbar with working electrics. Working electric sunroof which does not leak. Good strut tops.

Bad bits. Body needs a good wash and a serious valet/polish. Dent on rear offside, nearside rear door needs new  window winder cable (supplied) and at present window does not wind down. Couple of bulbs blown on dash. Alarm has intermittent problem and the rear height adjuster needs cleaned and freed off as it is definitely sticking. Car needs a visit to a local Citroen owner with a LExia computer (see FCF for local friendly Citroen owners) to clear suspension fault codes and get all this working properly. Driver’s side tyre needs replaced soon and balanced too (on steels).

Price £350 on steels with XM S2 wheeltrims or £425 on alloys.

PM me for details

post-4009-0-76197200-1419862337_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-22472600-1419862419_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-97672900-1419862509_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-73432300-1419862629_thumb.jpg

yep, it is that sumptuous interior...

moar pics

15950587078_43357cfc82_c.jpgIMG_1008 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

16138029855_b19c6a7739_c.jpgIMG_1010 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

16137318602_9c802bce74_c.jpgIMG_0999 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

15950679748_cafe1814d2_c.jpgIMG_0998 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

15952377127_e203b31a3e_c.jpgIMG_0995 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

16136176781_f810fe3727_c.jpgIMG_0992 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

15950703398_cede2bb17d_c.jpgIMG_0993 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

16136181431_d640113fb0_c.jpgIMG_0991 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

the problem is one of taking off the height adjuster at the rear and properly dismantling and cleaning it - I believe. A new one is not hideously expensive.

15518424803_b2702e1ab6_c.jpgIMG_0990 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

15952380647_ccb6317ba9_c.jpgIMG_0994 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

15952074179_14a3ab459d_c.jpgIMG_0989 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

I believe (stand to be corrected) you should be able to register that at the Post Office now. The DVLA local office told me (just before they shut) that 'everything would be doable at a main Post Office after we go, including registering vehicles.'

The XM is originally a Citroen owned car, then sold in Edinburgh, shipped to Northern  ireland and now back in England. It needs a visit to DVLA or posting documents off - simply sorted but I can't be bothered any more. If there's not much interest, I'm going to tax the white one and run it till the MoT expires and scrap the blue one after dismantling as it has some very desirable parts on it. A selection of mags will fit in the boot ... The blue one is way toooo good to break though.

The estate is a lovely thing! Doesnt feel like a large car to drive either, I found it easier to reverse park, partly due to the dipping passenger wing mirror, and the boxiness of it. Audi wankers didnt like being flashed out of the outside lane either, they still dont in the ZX though!

So how does it work with a car that's unregistered then?

Just hypothetically like, if I was to strike a deal with you on the estate and drive it from Gloucs to a pre-booked MOT somewhere near Wilko Towers, would I be able to get insurance etc to cover the journey? Or does the fact it's unregistered mean that it can only be trailered until all the admin is sorted?

So how does it work with a car that's unregistered then?

Just hypothetically like, if I was to strike a deal with you on the estate and drive it from Gloucs to a pre-booked MOT somewhere near Wilko Towers, would I be able to get insurance etc to cover the journey? Or does the fact it's unregistered mean that it can only be trailered until all the admin is sorted?

it hasn't a v5 in my name hence unregistered - but is on the system and DVLA knows it exists so a receipt and pre-booked MoT with insurance is legal. It is fully comp insured in my name and at my address.