1984 Daihatsu Charade G11 - £600

dugong

zYFpHUU.jpg

I've decided to put the Charade up for sale. It just isn't being used so I thought I'd start with AS to see if I could find it a decent home. The price is £600 (no offers).

It's a G11 5 door CX, which was top of the range aside from the Turbo models (it means you get nice seats). You also get a 5-speed gearbox and a rev counter \ clock. 

28.5k on the clock (will rise slightly), V5 in my name. I had DMB Graphics re make the front dealer plate so they matched.

Supplied new by Course & Beacham in Southampton. I'm the fourth owner. Workshop manuals included in sale price. Weirdly enough, there's no service history - the previous owner didn't have any. 

MoT until next August - one advisory for slightly scabby front flexis. 

Good Runway tyres. Clutch will be replaced before sale (it's the original and cried foul just before the start of November). Steel wheels could do with a rub down and two of the wheel trims are cracked (although I have two good S\H ones). 

Featured in Classic Car Buyer and Retro Cars on several occasions. It also took part in the inaugural Hagerty Concours D'Ordinaire. 

Interior is mint save for a tiny crack in the dashtop and a missing radio. Door cards unmarked. 

Bodily it's well above average. Not perfect (there are few dents and a very so slightly blebby OSF rear arch). Underside is solid, having been pumped with underseal from new. Will get better shots for anyone interested. Bumpers are greyed and there's a very light scrape on the NSF side.

Engine is good and will be serviced before sale. 993cc petrol triple - sounds incredible for such a lowly car.

Pics:

tkSbnMe.jpg

Interior.

k1E60BR.jpg

Engine. 

RZ5dSOO.jpg

4KVZ7jP.jpg

2fqBI0V.jpg

JBxmkHs.jpg

hs13UNF.jpg

Currently at a friend's. Delivery in person possible at 40p/mile and a train ticket back. 

I also have a set of 4 x 110 PCD Enkei G101 alloys ins 13x4" flavour. I'd be surprised if there were another set of these in the country. They need fettling and their bolt holes helicoiling. Available by separate negotiation for £200. 

NEyJKOt.jpg?1

I need it for a work feature in early January, but after that it's all yours - just seeing if anyone is interested now. Failing that, it's eBay, I'm afraid.....

Can I have a look at those wheels - what do they mean by helicoiling?

You can. The steel sleeves which take the studs have rusted. They'd need to be drilled out and new, custom threaded ones inserted. Perhaps heli-coiling was the wrong term (I can see MM5 driving over specifically in his Volvo, shaking his head and driving away).

Should I bring a wheel back up north with me for you to have a look at? Sure you're ok with 4 x 110mm PCD?

Showed this to the missus and she loved it because it's cute. Then she noticed the engine size and told me to fuck right off.

I think I've spoiled her with VVCs and big Honda Rover.

She would DEFINATELY have it for £800 if you put a VVC in it m8.

mrs sp luvs da powah??? :D

when we were looking for xantia replacement - the old git said this about 1.0 cars :lol:

she has never been on the motorway unless someone is with her :lol:

40mph - ya dont need 300  hp for :D

I'm not in the market for this and even though it's exactly what Mike said he wanted the night before last I can guarantee if I show him this post he'll say he wants a 2ltr floppytop MG or some such bollocks like he always does.

GLWTS, it's a cracking looking thing.

John  - can't Junkman add it to his collection, and corner the market completely?

This one is in SUCH cracking condition, it deserves to stay in the community  -   and you should HAVE

a "missing" radio....   it' is the correct one for the car that you got from me !

I still have loads of bits for one of these, should the next owner (Christian :)  )  be interested....   GLWTS

and xmas gruntings from cuckooland in the sun.  ( I am sending you a postcard to cheer you up, Jon)

Love,  xx   Joy

John  - can't Junkman add it to his collection, and corner the market completely?

This one is in SUCH cracking condition, it deserves to stay in the community  -   and you should HAVE

a "missing" radio....   it' is the correct one for the car that you got from me !

I still have loads of bits for one of these, should the next owner (Christian :)  )  be interested....   GLWTS

and xmas gruntings from cuckooland in the sun.  ( I am sending you a postcard to cheer you up, Jon)

Love,  xx   Joy

I'm a bit bollocksed without the mounting points, though!

Jon, I've found these Daihatsu's share similar stereo mounts, they're just brackets that use M6 bolts to screw onto the dashboard frame and then onto the sides of the stereo. I got one from a Sirion to put in my Nippa and it worked fine. If the holes don't line up, just drill new ones.

Does look a nice motor this and 600 seems quite achievable. Bad timing though, I would say don't expect much to happen till late Jan as everyone is skint and has too much other stuff to think about.

Hey Dug have you still got that 460 turbo??

Yo testes,

Not expecting much till the New Year - just wanted to get it out there.

I do still have the 460 Turbo aye, it hasn't seen the road for a while but it's tucked up indoors where SCTSH_ANDY keeps falling over it.

Will be reviving it in 2015 I reckon.