1984 Daihatsu Charade G11 - £600

dugong

Bump for a bit more interest.

Had one inevitable banger rally 'humorist' make me an offer on it (not the chap on the AS Facebook page - he wants an auto) so far. He was literate and polite - more than some of the other zany comedians that have approached me so far.

Still got a few potential leads, with a concerted effort being made in the New Year.

If anyone's keen, PM is the thing.

The £600 is not negotiable unless you're standing in front of me and the car with a lump of cash a very good reason as to why I should drop the price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, let's have some more pictures.

The price is still £600 because it will soon have a new clutch to transfer power between the wheels and a proper gearbox (one can shift it faster than a tectonic plate, it's marvellous). 

DQpp0HG.jpg

7PTH6Ll.jpg

8lBZExE.jpg

YJSEgsB.jpg

wWaiuex.jpg

K5JHcLh.jpg

ldbcS5K.jpg

x4rYlWC.jpg

lbq8uto.jpg

98RxccL.jpg

PBEyQTe.jpg

FZ3IeK6.jpg

9ClwLR4.jpg

RgpWS8d.jpg

If anyone's interested you know where to...........oh, never mind. 

Cheers for the kind words Trig, but this thing isn't gonna sell on here.

Other options activated. 

If this was £300 cheaper and needed £900 to be spent on it before it could be used, someone on here would have definitely bought it !

Cheers for the kind words Trig, but this thing isn't gonna sell on here.

Other options activated. 

Be realistic. Autoshite is hardly the biggest audience in the world, and a fair few of the motors that change hands on here do so for a fair bit less than £600. I'm not saying this little honey is overpriced, just that if anything, it's probably a bit too nice. That said, I think a lot of Japanese cars are like less-famous French cars - tricky to rehome in a hurry. Mind you, If the world of writing generated realistic income, I would have been on this quicker than a very quick thing. It is lovely and three-pot Daihatsus are fabulous.

Be realistic. Autoshite is hardly the biggest audience in the world, and a fair few of the motors that change hands on here do so for a fair bit less than £600. I'm not saying this little honey is overpriced, just that if anything, it's probably a bit too nice. That said, I think a lot of Japanese cars are like less-famous French cars - tricky to rehome in a hurry. Mind you, If the world of writing generated realistic income, I would have been on this quicker than a very quick thing. It is lovely and three-pot Daihatsus are fabulous.

Also the problem could be January. I have about 8p left until Friday and I guess I'm not the only one.

GLWTS at any rate, finger crossed.

Yes, but....

I am being realistic. The car isn't a dog and it's fairly priced. And this is Autoshite. The process of me being realistic means I am now looking at other options.

You can't blame people for not buying your car though. Sometimes, cars just don't sell when you want/need them to. I think my Saab 9000 was one of my biggest struggles to punt on and that was a lovely thing. Other times, stuff can sell almost before you've put it up for sale. Sometimes the timing is just right. 

You can't blame people for not buying your car though. Sometimes, cars just don't sell when you want/need them to. I think my Saab 9000 was one of my biggest struggles to punt on and that was a lovely thing. Other times, stuff can sell almost before you've put it up for sale. Sometimes the timing is just right.

I occasionally get the whiff of there being an 'inner sanctum' on here.

If this was £300 cheaper and needed £900 to be spent on it before it could be used, someone on here would have definitely bought it !

THIS

Splendid pictures... would like to add one to the collection but am well over quota with cars and 8p for the next 4 weeks food shopping is about right.

Already let one car go EEK

Well priced but well rare means it's always going to be a tough sell, even if you were to offer it at half the price.  But you know that already.  In fact, there's nothing I can say here that you don't already know or believe.

If it's any consolation, I wouldn't try and sell any of my current fleet on Autoshite, I doubt I'd get the money I'd want for them even if I was asking reasonable figures.  I'm happy enough to buy here but I have no confidence in a good result from selling.