Small cheap automatic wanted.......Christmas panic

castros_bro

Friend (sprightly 84 years) pranged his Rover 25 on a small wall and the insurance took it for repair but, after a week, have told him it will be an ecomomic  "write off" so in the panic before Christmas has anyone got a cheap, small automatic with a couple of months MOT they wish to get rid of in  SurreySussexHampshire-on -sea?

Hmm, Maybe.

I've got my Suzuki Vitara Auto. I bought it a few months ago as a tip run car, now surplus to requirements.

I was originally going to re MOT it and sell in the new year.

As it stands, the MOT is up 25th Feb. 

The engine is a bit tappety until the oil gets up to the top and It's got some rust on the rear wheel arches. but other than that everything important works.

There is a thread on here somewhere, search for 'girlmobile' and you'll find it..

I'm in Devon (so prob too far anyway).

Hmm, Maybe.

I've got my Suzuki Vitara Auto. I bought it a few months ago as a tip run car, now surplus to requirements.

The engine is a bit tappety until the oil gets up to the top and It's got some rust on the rear wheel arches. but other than that everything important works.

There is a thread on here somewhere, search for 'girlmobile' and you'll find it..

Hi there.

Sorry to thread hijack, but would be interested in your Vitara Auto if its not what Castros is after.

Off out the door now, as got my Xmas party, but will check AS in the morning.

Thanks both.

Dave

Thanks but

The man says NO to Suzuki Vitara, he thinks both him and his wife would have difficulties getting in and out due to the height.

Hmm, Maybe.

Won't the insurance let the old fella buy it back so he can use it until the MOT expires? Or is it technically undriveable?

Insurance being a bit of an arse by taking car far away to be assessed and dismantling the front before saying it's uneconomic to repair so it's now in bits, immobile and somwhere unknown.

Insurance being a bit of an arse by taking car far away to be assessed and dismantling the front before saying it's uneconomic to repair so it's now in bits, immobile and somwhere unknown.

Probably not a difficult fix with scrappies parts and a rattle can or two. Shame insurance companies can be such dicks when it comes to older motors