Rover 25 GTI - *flashback*

Jim Bell

That looks lobely. I wonder if I could physically fit into one?

Yes, you will.

I'm 6ft 4 and 22 stone and fit with ease. Theres more headroom and legroom in the 25 than there is in the 600!

Shouldnt be true, but is.

Sills now nicely bent and paint cracked !! I hate it when they do that. Its not that hard to push the jack a wee bit further in and go on the chassis bit is it now . Even worse when they lift all one side of the car from one point like that.Unless there is a jack I cant see.

It was on two jacks, and no damage.

Rims were precurbed.

ZYDJsXf.png

It was a Good Year.

Meaty.

hP65JY1.png

Rear.

xy4MKob.png

I'm really happy with them.

More grip in this wet weather, runs smoother, the wobble at 65 is gone and the car is quieter at speed.

Goodyear (and reviews) suggest slight improvement in economy, but that remains to be seen.

I've been in a ZR and found it really cramped, I am similarly LARGE. I owned a 220SDi and the seat seemed too high. Is the 25 set up differently?

I would have to say that I do not know, as out of the three cars you mention, I've only ever driven a 25.

I cant see how anyone would be cramped in a 25 though.  Unless you had the seat-back bolt upright and the base slid very far forward.

The seats are high and it feels like you're sitting on it rather than in it. Could drive it comfortably enough with the seat all the way back. Much better driving position than a 45 IMO.

The same can be said of the MGF.

The seats are all "high" IMO.  No matter how I set the seat in the 600, my head touches the roof, though in the 25 can be set to not have that happen.

None of the Rover/MGs have an ideal driving position for massive fat people, but the 25 is the best I've tried thus far.

Only ever driven a 25 but the seats are high and it feels like you're sitting on it rather than in it. Could drive it comfortably enough with the seat all the way back. Much better driving position than a 45 IMO.

25 seats have height adjustment don't they, so can be lowered if need be? They certainly look more comfortable than the 45/75 efforts.

The same can be said of the MGF.

The seats are all "high" IMO. No matter how I set the seat in the 600, my head touches the roof, though in the 25 can be set to not have that happen.

None of the Rover/MGs have an ideal driving position for massive fat people, but the 25 is the best I've tried thus far.

Really? I'm fat, the wife is built for comfort rather than a quick quarter mile too. We both find the F more than acceptable. Feels low, but my point of reference is a Touran and a 2008, both of which are really high. I've yet to go from the Astra to the F, and I've already set the Astra's seating position to "rudeboy drug dealer yo" so there might be less of a difference.

Cap doffed to Bollox for giving out free long term car hire, and hat off to you for investing money into it already. Good looking old bus and looks clean as a pin, too. Random question for Bollox - don't suppose you know if a rotund lady from Dorset called Hillary used to smoke around in it? The car and number plate look very familiar....

My hire car is not gay and I frankly resent the implication that it was once piloted by a fat lesbian called Hillary.

You're likely mixing it up with a Mini Metro or Morris Teaveler or something, no doubt.

It's a scientific fact that Lesbianism cannot be perpetrated at high speeds. Thus, all of their kind drive slow cars, which allow them to do dirty business against each other on the move.

Getting a bit worried about the GTI now.

When I first got it, it got up to temp on the gauge fine and heaters blew "warm".

Now the gauge barely moves. This is after sitting in traffic for 25 mins (after a 20 min motorway run)

oj68f78.png

When actually at speed on the fast road, the needle goes off the cold scale.

Heater now only blows cold, or the smallest suggestion of warmth. Top hose is red hot. Couldn't see the bottom hose in the dark this morn. Will check after I drive her home.

There is still the pipe work and Saab valve to be delivered and fitted:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181594971703

And I'll ask friendly tame garage to check the stat while they're in there.

Still performing commuting duties well. Even if it took a million years to de-ice and demist the screen this morn.

rYlCTPF.png

GTI 4 life.