Wanted. Volvo V70/850 auto petrol.

Tetleysmooth

My e-bay search for Cars less than £400 with 12 hrs to go, just gave up this little gem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-W-reg-Volvo-V70-2-4-Classic-Automatic-Estate-Full-Leather-/171594306310?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27f3d15306

less than 3hrs to go at time of posting.

Cheers

Dave

Flippin eck' that finished on £227 !! And its only in Barnet.

Thanks for all the links fellas, but yesterday saw me travel to Milton Keynes and drive a V reg V40 back.

It's a 2.0 auto top of the range thing, leather, cruise, wood etc etc.

It's not without it's problems though, it wouldn't be a true shiter if it was perfect, would it.

Two urgent things I need to replace are the main sidelight/headlight switch, and the bonnet release cable. I can still open the bonnet, but there's just the wire end dangling inside the car.

It drives well enough though, has a brand new exhaust and is tested until next October.

It has a 'fluctuating' rear offside brake, which was mentioned as an advisory, it's like the ABS is working overtime on that caliper, or it might be a duff disc. It doesn't sound very nice when braking, but pulls up well enough.

Engine and box seem ok. It pulls well and doesn't smoke or overheat.

No key fobs with the car  :-( but the key does the job, so......

Good heater and sounds system.

It's something that hopefully will get me where I want to go, but looks like it's going to keep my hands dirty for a while.

More importantly, I'm back among the Essex Volvo Massiv.